Where is best to buy a new camera?

I always buy all my stuff online. You generally get a better deal then you would at a high street store. Also, when buying online you have a 14 day grace period, where you can return the item even if opened (as long as its boxed back up like new) since you have not had a chance to see it before purchasing. I've saved a lot of money buy buying online rather then in bricks and mortar stores. You also have places like Quidco where you get a little cashback ;)

However, buying from a store means you can physically see it beforehand, dont have to wait for delivery, and have somewhere to go back if something goes wrong - again within the first 14 days, rather then having to send the item back.

After 14 days, no retailer, whether online or in a store, legally has to help with any support issues - you need to deal with the manufacturer as the item will come with a 1 year manufacturer warranty, not a retailer warranty (unless you buy some retailer warranty scheme etc) - so you need to contact the manufacturer's support directly. If a store deals with it, its out of goodwill, and to keep your custom!

When buying online buy from a reputable site, otherwise you could end up with a grey import - which comes with no valid UK warranty.

All things to consider. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1371196380,1371196262][/DOUBLEPOST]
awesome buy it local! that way it's easier if you need warranty exchange or if one of the micro parts inside is defective. what camera are you thinking about :D?

The warranty will be with the manufacturer - so after the initial grace period the reseller has every right to turn you away. If the reseller does deal with you 6 months down the line, for example, its usually goodwill, or they will send it to the manufacturer for repair on your behalf.[DOUBLEPOST=1371196512][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got my camera from PC World/Currys only a few weeks ago, theres still loads of stores around as far as I know. I wouldn't trust Ebay as their often foreign imports which then recieve import tax, and if its wrong then you pay to send it back. Buying from online UK stores though is also good, like Amazon.co.uk have worked fine and there returns are great...

PC World/Currys or Amazon imo :)

I agree. DONT buy from abroad. Anything over £15 is subject to customs and tax etc, sometimes making it more expensive then buying from within the UK in the first instance. Also the warranty will not be valid in the UK - so if anything goes wrong you'll be looking at a heavy shipping fee to send it back to where it came from!

Back