Where do you get your Sound Effects? (And Help Inquiry, Monley SFX)

ErikStrider

Hey there :)

I'm just starting out right now with a comedy channel and I'm wondering where all you guys get your SFX from? Any reliable source?

Specifically, I'm searching for this exact monkey sound effect playing at 1:02 but so far, no luck. Does anyone have an Idea where I can get it?
https:// youtu. be/5Om_jptm6IA?t=62

Thanks in Advance!

I usually just search for them on YouTube. In your case I'd type something like "Monkey sound effect" and then use YouTube To MP3 to download it. Haven't gotten in trouble yet.

I use Freesound.org for sound effects. It's mostly good stuff, you just gotta make an account to be able to download.

Hey there :)

I'm just starting out right now with a comedy channel and I'm wondering where all you guys get your SFX from? Any reliable source?

Specifically, I'm searching for this exact monkey sound effect playing at 1:02 but so far, no luck. Does anyone have an Idea where I can get it?
https:// youtu. be/5Om_jptm6IA?t=62

Thanks in Advance!

Ok so i know you asked for a site link , or a recommend to one but have you ever thought about making your own sound effects ? ok so you may not have a monkey at hand hahah but some things can sound like many other objects. Try making your own monkey sound with your voice and changing the tones or pitches in some free program. Audacity is good for changing sound files. You could also use a sound of a monkey and then tweak the tones and pitches, even if you have a video file, you can convert the file into an mp3 using vlc media player and then put it through a sound program. This may be your best bet if you planing on using lots and lots of sound effect on your channel.

kind regards :)
Dadrules

Ok so i know you asked for a site link , or a recommend to one but have you ever thought about making your own sound effects ? ok so you may not have a monkey at hand hahah but some things can sound like many other objects. Try making your own monkey sound with your voice and changing the tones or pitches in some free program. Audacity is good for changing sound files. You could also use a sound of a monkey and then tweak the tones and pitches, even if you have a video file, you can convert the file into an mp3 using vlc media player and then put it through a sound program. This may be your best bet if you planing on using lots and lots of sound effect on your channel.

kind regards :)
Dadrules

Hey man,
Well there is a really iconic quality about this specific sound effect that I want to capture in my video. So I don't think that trying to make the sound effect myself will be enough.
But with other instances, I definitely take your advise on being more creative with making your own sounds. :)

Back