When you lose a subscriber..

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I lose a subscriber, I'm just like "never mind, I'll find someone like yoooouuuuuu".

No, but really. It's their lose!

Yeah, because a large amount of inactive subs will give you a false estimation on what kind of traffic your videos can bring in. That being said, even with lots of subscriber growth I've lost 54 subscribers total! D:

Although, my friends could just be jerks. I know if you have some one fooling with you and rapidly unsubbing and resubbing it can screw with the numbers.

That's why I know a lot of people that don't do milestone specials until they have a bit of a threshold. The moment you hit a milestone and announce it, you might jerks that want to troll you lol.

That's why I know a lot of people that don't do milestone specials until they have a bit of a threshold. The moment you hit a milestone and announce it, you might jerks that want to troll you lol.

Sorry but I lol'd.

Just lost a sub now, and since I've got a low number, it does hit me in the feels. But the subject area I work in is pretty close knit so I might have an idea of why this person unsubbed. Can't let it bother me.

You actually get used to it. Anyway, as long as subs gained outweigh subs lost, you win. Having said that, if you really want to drive yourself crazy, you can get more data about unsubs in your Analytics: how many unsubbed because the account closed, how many unsubbed from your channel page, and how many unsubbed while/after watching a video (and which one). It's the video one that gets me. I'm always like, "wait, you hated that video so much that you actually went to the trouble of unsubbing after you had decided to sub? Wow." But you even get used to that!

You actually get used to it. Anyway, as long as subs gained outweigh subs lost, you win. Having said that, if you really want to drive yourself crazy, you can get more data about unsubs in your Analytics: how many unsubbed because the account closed, how many unsubbed from your channel page, and how many unsubbed while/after watching a video (and which one). It's the video one that gets me. I'm always like, "wait, you hated that video so much that you actually went to the trouble of unsubbing after you had decided to sub? Wow." But you even get used to that!

True that. I've had that happen a couple of times when you'd get an unsub from a new video you've just posted.

But for me personally, I know I sometimes go through my own subscriptions and purge ones that I'm either not interested in anymore, or the channel hasn't been active for a long time. So there's a lot of reasons to unsub.

I get a little sad. I'm just like "I thought we were friends!" but then I realize that it isn't one of my more engaged subscribers and then I'll be okay.

It happens, and it sucks, but it is what it is. Some people won't like the direction your channel is going or they're just growing tired of your stuff. What really sucks is when you question if you've gotten worse at what you do, which makes you second guess yourself and that's a pretty crappy feeling.

But on the plus side, it could just be an inactive account or a bot or something.

Crai evri taim... But seriously, none should be that upset about lost subscriber unless amount you lose is bigger than amount you gain. Never really bothered about losing, nor in the beginning nor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back