Reaction score
Website
beboandbuggy.com
Channel Type
Other
I’m hoping I can find some help here.
This is my channel:
www.youtube.com/beboandbuggy

I get average views of roughly 2.5-3 minutes (except the videos that aren’t that long obviously) and they get daily views, some rank for a couple terms, and I’m getting great feedback. My click through rates hover from 3-9% depending on the video. I get comments and likes. But my videos are still the only videos that I get suggestions from. The channel is relatively new (just over 3 months now). I know minutes matter, so I’m thinking for one of my meet episodes I might make it between 15-20 minutes as my regulars will watch all of it for sure. Can anyone let me know if it looks like I’m going wrong somewhere with my channel? Or is it just that hard to break through with channels geared towards kids?

Bland Mark

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I've had videos up for years and never got much YouTube recognition. But mine are very niche and I wouldn't expect it really. I feel there's a whole new generation of you tubers expecting to get rich / famous quick off the site and then stressing themselves out. Do it because you love it. If the stress overtakes the joy, it's probably not worth it.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've had videos up for years and never got much YouTube recognition. But mine are very niche and I wouldn't expect it really. I feel there's a whole new generation of you tubers expecting to get rich / famous quick off the site and then stressing themselves out. Do it because you love it. If the stress overtakes the joy, it's probably not worth it.
Very much this. I am in a small niche and stay out of the online drama - that will keep my channel small. I am doing it for the fun, and any money is just a bonus.

All you can do is work on your SEO (tags, titles, thumbnails. descriptions) to make your vids searchable. That can help get some clicks. Then you have to have good content to keep them watching, and coming back. YT is a marathon, not a sprint.

Reactions: Bland Mark

skagenstats

Reaction score
Website
skagenstats.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It will take YouTube a while to start recommending your content to other channels. Make sure you have relevant keywords in your video description, tags, and channel tags. SEO for YouTube is similar to website SEO: you have to make it easy for YouTube to read and find your content. If you have any questions related to SEO I can try to help more in depth.

PureAutism

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
if you are a small youtuber just get your friends to watch your videos,send a link to a group chat or something,this would probably get you more views than trying to get youtube suggest your video

tushi23

Reaction score
Hi i am a small youtuber, i have channel about children toy reviews, i have been "sugested videos" in most watched videos in my category, i have been 10-15 times, average minutes were so good but youtube remove my video from suggested videos after 1-2 watches, what can i do?

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would like to add that patience is a REQUIREMENT for this game. I'm on 5.5 years and it still hasn't really happened. Some people don't get any kind of success for even longer. Be prepared for it to take a while if it even happens at all. Just keep working on SEO and the other tactics the others mentioned.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Keep on grinding. That´s all there is to say :)