When will the money roll in?

TheMoshMedia

Liking YTtalk
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but my friend has 1100 subscribers and he says that he makes like 10$ a month and I was wondering how to get money. I signed up for AdSense but it won't let me access my account... I just don't know how to manage everything

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but my friend has 1100 subscribers and he says that he makes like 10$ a month and I was wondering how to get money. I signed up for AdSense but it won't let me access my account... I just don't know how to manage everything
you have to link your adsense to your youtube account, but don't count of getting any kind of pocket change for a LONG TIME

I don't even bother monetizing or partnering but the your problem seems like you actually need to connect them xD

you have to link your adsense to your youtube account, but don't count of getting any kind of pocket change for a LONG TIME
I was making about 3 cents a day for my first couple months, it took a year to make my first $100. I make a lot more now, but still only pocket change. I'm concentrating more on teeshirt design lately, I'm still in experimentation mode.

What kind of money are you expecting exactly? If you're after multiple hundreds of dollars a month you're going to be severely disappointed. Unless you are prepared to put years and years of work into your channel you're not going to get that kind of money. Period.

If your motivated mostly by money when starting a YouTube channel, quit now. There's a reason you'll see this statement repeated over and over. What makes most channels good to great is the passion the content creator has for their videos. The money is just the icing on the cake.

However, if you're curious about specific numbers, I'll give you mine since it seems to be very difficult to find any specifics in regards to what the average YouTuber earns. I have 38k subs I think, but that has nothing to do with determining what I make any given month.

Remember the amount of money made is decided by *views* not subscribers. Not all views count either. Only the monetized views aka the views that air commercials or other ads to the viewer and can be tracked. Many people run ad blocker, and many mobile device views simply don't count. For my traffic I get about 250k monetized views per 800k views during a 30 day period.

The next aspect that affects how much a YouTuber will make is the CPM (clicks per mil). That's a dollar amount for each 1000 monetized views. So with my CPM of $13.50 for that month (if goes up and down depending on ad budgets), and my 250k monetized views, I gross $3,3375.

Then YouTube and your network takes a cut. YouTube takes 45% with the 55/45 split leaving $1,856. Then you pay the cut to your network if you have one. Mine is a 90/10 split, so my take home is $1,670 on about 800k total views.

I make more money selling my own ads to open my videos than I do from YouTube itself, but that's a system I spent the lifetime of my channel setting up. Then 3 months ago I initiated the paid promotions to earn enough money to do YouTube full-time.

There is money out there in this business, but don't go into for money. I was initially successful because I was and still am obsessed with all things to do with getting the game play, editing, commentating, and researching YouTube and gaming related subjects to further improve the quality of my videos.

Back