When should I create a channel trailer?

HeyHannahbelle

Hi All -

I'm a new Youtuber, and I'm planning for the future of my channel. I know having a channel trailer can be very helpful for new visitors, but since I only have six videos so far, there isn't much to advertise. After how many videos should I create a channel trailer?

There is no real time when you should or should not that i've experienced.

I think the best time is when you have a good handful of videos that represent your channel and you can combine some clips to make a funny piece of content. Good Luck excited to see your trailer!

I've been around a few years and I don't have one... I should get around to making one of those >.>

I created mine a few months ago when I was at about 800 subscribers. It was part of my push to break 1k subscribers.
There is no right or wrong time, but the sooner the better probably.

Hey,

I was wondering this too and am surprise that there is a time?
I want to start videos this week and actually am starting with making a trailer, which is basically just an introduction from me and talking about the main goals of it. Hope that is a good idea as well, lol.
would love to hear your feedback! :)

Agreed, once you have enough footage on your channel that exemplifies what it's about, it should be safe to stitch together a trailer. Also, if you channel starts to change direction, don't be afraid to make another trailer. There is still a video editor of some sort on Youtube, so use that to make a channel trailer as well if it's plausible.

I think I did mine around my 6th video. I figured around that point my channel was full of videos on the first page, so it might be time for a short video to sum up what it was all about.

No one can give you an exact number as content is different for every channel, i'd say it's whenever you "feel" it's right. Your channel URL is broken, but I'd assume if you're asking this you are probably not ready to make a trailer yet. Let your channel grow, you shouldn't really be thinking about this while your channel is still new.

Back