Whats Your Opinion on Clickbait?

It depends, a concise and accurate title is totally fine and well played. But a title that doesn't reflect the video and is used solely to draw people in is click-bait and is essentially cancer.

Last edited:
I think the word clickbait is overused and overidentified! Seems like everything nowadays is clickbait when I don't think it is! However, there are some big YouTubers that use it and it is really annoying

It depends on what kind of click bait. I feel like there is such thing as ethical click bait or honest click bait. Is where you simply take an aspect of your video and make a statement about it as an exclamation. Along with that using exaggerated expressions from frames on your video or doing a posed thumbnail shoot related to the topic of the video are ethical forms of thumbnail click bait.

On the other hand, putting a picture of an attractive female with no clothes on or other sexually charged imagery is not ethical my opinion regardless of what your topic is. There are kids on YouTube as well. If someone wants to post adult content they should be using porhub or some other garbage site.

I hate clickbait haha. I promised that I will never post a clickbait and that whatever weird strange title I made has something to do with the video %100

i think it's lame tbh. not gonna get super offended over it or anything but it's essentially lying to people to draw them in, since when was that ever an alright thing to do? plus it turns me off of a channel more than it makes me want to subscribe, i guess it can be a good way to draw in views initially but i don't see how you'd build an audience through it.

I have some issues with some clickbait but only the ones that dont show what the video is about and the ones with the dirty sexy stuff on it

I think most big youtubers use clickbait now a days but people dont mind if the content is good unless you clickbait all the time

I feel like click bait is essentially mugging your audience off in a way.. Kind of 'using' I still understand it's benefits though and I don't think theirs anything wrong with having a catchy title as long as your being honest and not shady in some way.. :thumbsup2: It's good to get on with and have a relationship with your subs/fans :biggrin:

I class clickbait as something unrelated to the video. Personally I watch a lot of gaming videos and big machinery videos, if I click on a thumbnail that features something I know is difficult in a game and it's not actually in the video then it's thumbs down. Same with machines, if the machine on the image is not in the video then it gets a down vote. I know down votes don't mean a great deal, but it's my way of fighting back!

Back