What's your favorite part of video production?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Question for the YTTalk community: What's your favorite part of video production? Scripting, recording, editing etc.?

For me, it depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I really enjoy recording, but other times I prefer to edit my some of my older recordings.

Scrpting, without a doubt. Looking for information, arrange them in a coherent text, add your trivia and flavor to it, it's very stimulating.

I enjoy all of it, but I do enjoy adding the finishing touches to a video. I was especially proud of the old style cinematic effect I put into my minced beef and dumplings video haha. I never thought I'd be able to do something that cool lol.

I seriously love everything. I love filming because I get to play as actor or model sometimes, editing because I love putting everything together and making my vision come true and adding all the cool effects. Scripting just comes to me naturally as I think of videos and it's always fun to think of video ideas.

Scripting and Recording. I love scripting because of they ideas that flow through my mind. And recording is fun because you get to see what you imagined come to life. Now editing is where you take hours of footage and condense it into a watchable film, which is my least favorite part.

I would say recording and editing are my favorite parts. I haven't scripted to many videos and even when I do I usually end up improvising better stuff when I actually go to record it.

So I love recording because I can be as bonkers as I want, and mistakes I make can sometimes turn into really funny accidents. I enjoy messing up and coming up with dialogue because it usually sends me on a path to something even more awesome.

Editing is just a lot of fun because I can look at the material I have and figure out the best way to utilize all of it. It's like a free form puzzle I can solve a couple times before I land on that super ridiculous shot I wanted. Also when I'm making my self laugh while editing, it's a great time!

I would for sure say recording is my favorite. I like to just be myself and I kinda feel important when I'm in front of the camera! I usually don't mind editing though because then I get to see how it turned out and make what I want with what I recorded! :)

Back