What's "the best intro" for a channel ?

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
(not a request but)
Obviously it shouldn't be too lengthy, probably not too loud - not everyone wants to listen to aggressive loud rock for instance... but what other criteria would you look at as being really important generally for a really good intro ? And do you feel it's best to place it right at the start of the vid or rather after a little preface/ bit of video ?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My YouTube manage suggested to me to keep intros to around 2-3 seconds.
I use a basic quick intro and then get stright into the detail

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Intros are a tricky thing. They help you establish a "brand", but they almost always look tacky and are overused. I would recommend only making an intro if you need one, but that's just my opinion. If you are going to make an intro, make it no longer than 10 seconds, and don't open the video with it, put some clips that kinda summarize the first half of the video before it, or a separate introduction. Hopefully, this helps!

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I say just keep your intro really short and don't use those 3D animated Blender intros. At first they look cool, but whenever you watch a smaller Youtuber who has no idea what they're doing, they use one of those intros and they're always loud and annoying. Also, if you're decent in After Effects or Premiere Pro or whatever editor you use, you can look up a tutorial of cool effects and make one for yourself, make something original. So basically, keep it short, keep away from those Blender ones, and try to be unique.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
yeah I agree with the opinions on here. I think there's a major self-contemplating thing going on with YouTube intros. Kinda like, oh wow damn I made this ?! Let's play it 3 times a video. That being said mine is still about 10sec lol, but it's playing one of my catchy parts so I'm thinking maybe that'll create some sort of pleasant familiarity with the vids..