What Would You Do In This Situation?

Harpuia

That "creepy" guy that makes Youtube videos.
So since my last upload, I've gotten a Reddit-wide shadowban for some reason, more dislikes than likes in my last video (and I dunno what I did wrong) and I've gotten two threats via e-mail (Update: technically, three now threats and requests to shut down my channel) from people I don't even know.

I'm honestly considering shutting down the channel at this point. It's not the first time this has happened (The threats anyway), and I don't know another channel my size that continues to get the threats and requests to shut down my channel as I do. I'm starting to wonder if I just wasn't cut out to be here...

Last edited:
Reddit can be a scary place.
Stay strong man, sometimes things happen and people are mean just for being mean.

What are they exactly saying?

Reddit can be a scary place.
Stay strong man, sometimes things happen and people are mean just for being mean.

What are they exactly saying?
From emails:

"nobody wants to see ur channel because you are boring and you are an ugly f*****g piece of s**t. ur worse than even joey fontaine, shut down the channel and go away becuz nobody wants to see ur face anymore and go back and hide in the hole that you crawled out of"

And the third one actually came from an old political debating rival of mine since he knows I blocked him from my channel:
"Your lighting sucks. You don't have a face for Youtube. You explain things terribly. No wonder why people are disliking this. No one wants to see you. People are sick of you. Shut down your channel and just go away. I've seen retarded people do better than you. "

The video was at 3 likes, 6 dislikes. Now it's up to 5 likes. Still... just wow.

What a bunch of assholes. Don't worry about them, anyone who feels the need to attack someone else's work lives a pretty pathetic life. Keep doing your videos as long as you're enjoying it. You don't deserve to be attacked like this, I'm going to go give your latest video a like, let's try get it back to positive

I don't see how your videos are in anyway offensive, why do they want you to shut it down?
I don't know... That's why I said I'm on the verge of just saying forget it.

I am subscribed to 3-4 channels similar to mine in sub count and for them it's been pretty smooth. I don't know where the hell I'm going wrong right now...

Sorry, I wrote a reply and then saw that you already answered my question. Then I edited my first post

I'm not going to butter anything up on this.
If you want to quit then go ahead. Most channels do get flak at some point.
Hell i've only been on for a month and i've gotten flak for my most recent video in personal emails.

You just have to take it in stride man.

Tbh, Haters gonna hate right? although nobody has the right to tell you that you don't have a face for Youtube; Youtube is for everyone and if you enjoy posting videos you should just ignore those threats (after reporting them as stated above) and move on.

Don't take it too personally, man - sounds like you just got caught with a bad reddit infection. Thats the risk of advertising over there.

If you really don't like taking criticism like that and you think you need to stop making videos, then do whatever makes you happy, man. Maybe just take a break first and see how you feel later.

Personally though, if I were you, i'd just block and report them and keep making videos as planned.

Back