What was your first video? New to to Youtube, don't know how to start!

Hi! I'm new to youtube and just looking for a place to start! I'd like my channel to be a mix of vlogging and sketch/paraody/funny/skit videos-maybe even eventually a video series!

But I'm new to filming (just finished my freshmen year of college with a double major in English lit and media studies with a focus in production). I have the book stuff down but ZERO experience besides a little video shot on my iphone.

Any and all help is wildly welcomed, but I do have some questions

1) Are there vlogging/skit channels? Can I do both?
2) D0 you script vlogs?
3) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST VIDEO!!

1. Yes, quite a few channels combine the ranty type vlogs and skits together in one channel
2. I write up a rough draft of my videos just so I don't lose focus and go off on a tangent
3. My first video was a few things to do when you're bored (It was the school holidays)

1) Are there vlogging/skit channels? Can I do both?
2) D0 you script vlogs?
3) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST VIDEO!!

1. Yup, I do that in my channel, plus I've done rants, topic discussion and convention interviews lol. I pretty much do everything. It's your channel so you have to enjoy what you are doing.
2. I have a general outline so I don't ramble on. I found the most important part of making a video is figuring how long to make them. You find this out as you release more videos and check your analytics.
3. I did a topic video on a healthy breakfast cereal! I just wanted to try something and put that out. Looking back at it, I've been able to improve a lot since mid-February.

Good luck with your channel!

Back