What to do in a sticky situation...

I have achieved a bit of success with this character I created and I do this segment called "Jigsaw's Rant" where I basically rant about different subjects (usually involving gaming) and people are always commenting saying "Do more" "Give me more of these" "More Jigsaw" stuff like that. I am stuck in a situation where gaming subjects pull in more views than regular subjects, BUT in the gaming world there isn't a good topic to rant about every single week really. I pick key topics that I know will be a hit, I don't want to do a video just to do one because people want to see it, ORRRRRR should I? That is my question really. Should I make videos that may not really score well just to give them more of this character they want to see or should I wait for topics that are worthy of producing a video?

Also If gaming related topics are winning out over general topics should I just stick with that or keep it up with all topics? I kinda am not sure what to do here, on one hand I don't want to over saturate the "character" but people are also saying they want to see more of it.

It is up to you and what you want your channel to be. Do you want to become a gaming channel or a rant/gaming channel? If you want the latter, I would still upload both types of rants and the audience will grow eventually just like it did for the gaming rants.

Hahaha. Watched the Team Siren vid and it felt like a wrestling promo from the late 80's/early 90's. By all means, it's a compliment. Miss that s**t.

I'd recommend subscribing to some gaming magazines like Gameinformer or Xbox, PS Mags and joining sites like GameSpot. They are filled with daily and monthly (for the magazines) news and topics that you can give your own opinions on. I myself used to write blogs on rare occasion for some of the topics that caught my eye. Maybe 1 day if I get better at talking without thinking of 1000 different subjects at the sametime, I may do video game related vlogs. To be safe, if you're worried about creating an unwanted gaming expectation, I'd probably slowly ease into other stuff, make it subtle so people don't notice a sudden change in subject. But otherwise do what you want at the end of the day.

Funny thing is as soon as I posted this the whole GTA5 online stuff kicks off to a bad start... well *cracks knuckles* time to fire the camera up haha.

Yeah I am kind of still stuck in limbo but I am leaning on just picking my spots in the gaming world as opposed to doing other topics because after all it is a gaming channel. Haha thanks for bringing that up.

Back