What To Call Your Subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the naming subs thing. If anything, I would wait until you have enough subs to where people start calling themselves something. That happens often where subs will give themselves a name which is pretty cool. Other then that I refer to my subscribers as my internet friend. lol.

For example? Can you give me some ideas? If you can, thanks!
Build a website on which your viewers can come to talk to you and each other about you and your videos, I'm sure there will be some that come. You could also talk with them through comments, but you most likely do that already. Talk to them on Twitter or Facebook, those are much more effective ways of truly INTERACTING with your viewers instead of giving them a name.

I don't like the naming subs thing. If anything, I would wait until you have enough subs to where people start calling themselves something. That happens often where subs will give themselves a name which is pretty cool. Other then that I refer to my subscribers as my internet friend. lol.
I agree with this. It would be cooler if they started calling themselves something...even if it ends up being cheesy it means they're really part of a community of people that follow you.

I call my subscribers "Jeriers," which is a play up of my username JeriKane, and I call them "Antonites." Which is a play up of two different things. "Anto" comes from my real name Anthony. My buddy Adam started calling me Anto one day, and it stuck. "Nites" comes from one of my favorite wrestlers/people on the planet, Kane. His fans are called "Kanenites," which I am.

These are the things I think of when it's 3AM. I think they're pretty original. >_>

to me this kind of thing needs to come naturally. You know how some youtubers have a sort of sign-on phrase? Many came naturally after lots of videos. The name for the fans also comes organically many times. If you just start calling them something arbitrary that they cant relate with then you wont have accomplished anything. Let the name come from some sort of inside joke on your channel or something.

I suggest keeping it simple.
Something like "Hey, friends/guys/people/etc." is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back