what size does a banner need to be?

rosie

I've Got It
i know the size for photoshop etc etc, but i just want to know the size if you're on a banner maker
all the banner maker sites are giving me options on what type of banner i want, but i really don't know the dimensions?
does anyone here have experience with this and know what size the banner needs to be? thank youu :)

Isn't it 2560 x 1440?
When you start adding a channel banner it says on bottom right corner.

I think this thread should help --> :)
this is what i mean - all of the banner makers that say they do banners for youtube offer them in much smaller sizes, and i was just wondering what they measured in, if that doesn't sound like a stupid question? as in, i don't know if they measure in pixels, or in actual physical length?
*confused*

this is what i mean - all of the banner makers that say they do banners for youtube offer them in much smaller sizes, and i was just wondering what they measured in, if that doesn't sound like a stupid question? as in, i don't know if they measure in pixels, or in actual physical length?
*confused*

Yeah, that link seems a bit out of date, sorry for any confusion.

Going directly to the source ( https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2972003?hl=en-GB ), the recommended size which will be compatible with ALL devices is 2560 pixels wide X 1440 pixels high. Smaller ones would work, but those dimensions are guaranteed to be optimal for all devices.

YT will automatically resize it depending on the device used by the viewer.

If it's a simple banner like mine, I will give it ago, I am no expert, just mediocre lol! But it's free :)

I can mess around with it a little bit too. I will leave it with you, the offer is there, if you decide you want something simple.

thanks for all the suggestions! - i found a really good site from a tutorial video, and now have what i like to think of as a better banner :)

Back