What Should I Do For A Giveaway?

Emily Pruna

Loving YTtalk
I'm have way to 100 subs and I was thinking of offering a give away at 100 (as both a thank you and as a bit of an incentive to my audience to share my channel) but I have no idea what to give away. I don't have a beauty or make up channel, or a gaming channel so it's not like I know 100% that my audience is into that sort of thing. My audience is about 50/50 male and female, so it needs to be something that everyone would like

I was thinking an Amazon gift card but does that seem to basic? Like it just feels like there is no love in it .

What should I do for a giveaway? What would you like to receive?

There are box subscriptions that aren't very expensive (~$10/month), find a few and offer the winner their choice from a list. Getting something every month for a year might be more enjoyable for the viewer than just a single item.

Something of value to you. I don't know what that might be but, as an example, how many people would enter a giveaway for a pair of Casey Neistat's sunglasses as a collectable? Maybe in a clear display box just big enough for the item, or a shadow box large enough to house the item with background artwork and description of the item... "provenance" if you will. Or as simple as a copy of an Emily Pruna branded coffee mug that you conveniently start drinking a tasty beverage from on each video... Makes the viewer feel unique.

Maybe an offer to "Produce" a future show? They get to choose the topic, coordinate with you on any details they'd like to see... maybe you do the video in a silly costume that they get to pick, or you have to complete a challenge of some sort. Makes the viewer feel involved.

I'd think something uncommon, yet relevant would generate the most positive buzz. In the research I've done on the subject cash/prepaid cards never seem to work... the channels that actually managed to reach 100 subscribers, each one with a "cash" giveaway had fewer than 100 subscribers when I found their channel. People bailed after the giveaway. One guy was even offering a free car at 100 subs... a car... a year or something like that and last I checked he STILL hadn't reached 100 subscribers.

Moved to the ideas / planning forum. :)

I agree with the previous poster. If you're doing the giveaway because you feel like it, then that's cool, go for it. But it won't help grow your channel so bear that in mind before spending any money. I'd choose something that can be sent via email (a coupon, voucher or digital product) so that you don't have shipping hassles. Good luck whatever you decide. :)

i think amazon gift card would be a good iteam to do a giveaway with. i am always buying stuff off of amazon. i ussauly by gift cards because i dont like to put my credit card out on the internet. you could also give away itune gift cards, alot of people like to buy music, games,movies.

There are box subscriptions that aren't very expensive (~$10/month), find a few and offer the winner their choice from a list. Getting something every month for a year might be more enjoyable for the viewer than just a single item.

Something of value to you. I don't know what that might be but, as an example, how many people would enter a giveaway for a pair of Casey Neistat's sunglasses as a collectable? Maybe in a clear display box just big enough for the item, or a shadow box large enough to house the item with background artwork and description of the item... "provenance" if you will. Or as simple as a copy of an Emily Pruna branded coffee mug that you conveniently start drinking a tasty beverage from on each video... Makes the viewer feel unique.

Maybe an offer to "Produce" a future show? They get to choose the topic, coordinate with you on any details they'd like to see... maybe you do the video in a silly costume that they get to pick, or you have to complete a challenge of some sort. Makes the viewer feel involved.

I'd think something uncommon, yet relevant would generate the most positive buzz. In the research I've done on the subject cash/prepaid cards never seem to work... the channels that actually managed to reach 100 subscribers, each one with a "cash" giveaway had fewer than 100 subscribers when I found their channel. People bailed after the giveaway. One guy was even offering a free car at 100 subs... a car... a year or something like that and last I checked he STILL hadn't reached 100 subscribers.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Gift Cards are usually the best because pretty much everyone can use them and they are easy to send, without much cost to you for shipment etc.

I see you've done some speed drawings on your channel before. You could give some of those away. Or you could create a speed drawing specifically for the 100 subscribers video and give away the drawing you made in that video.

I see you've done some speed drawings on your channel before. You could give some of those away. Or you could create a speed drawing specifically for the 100 subscribers video and give away the drawing you made in that video.
That's actually a really smart idea, I didn't think of that. Thank you

Back