What music do you have the right to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neakiaro

Banned
Daniel-Gabriel S gave me the idea of this thread, as I misread the title of his introduction thread..

What normally copyright music have you personally obtained the right to use?

For me, I have the rights to use music by:

Blues Saraceno
Dweezil Zappa
Gresby Nash
(ONE SONG) by Ross Hardy
(THREE SONGS) by The Offspring
(TWO SONGS) by Atreyu

As you see, I did a lot of asking. I was lucky to get rights from some of these people. There are other people, some as famous, some less famous, well, when I say 'some', I mean 'shitloads'. I asked possibly hundreds of different artists and only got about 6, possibly a few more songs from random artists than I listed.

So reverting to the original question before my answer to it, what copyright music have you personally obtained the rights to use on your YouTube videos?

I dont have any rights to any music and I only use free for commercial use music the majority of the time. I wouldnt mind learning a program like Reason so I can make my own and release it for free since theres a lack of it free for commercial use for YouTubers, now I do appreciate what is out there but I cant count how many times I have heard the same songs from incompetech on YouTube videos.

I dont have any rights to any music and I only use free for commercial use music the majority of the time. I wouldnt mind learning a program like Reason so I can make my own and release it for free since theres a lack of it free for commercial use for YouTubers, now I do appreciate what is out there but I cant count how many times I have heard the same songs from incompetech on YouTube videos.

Well, I just find music from un-incredibly famous artists and ask them.

Well, I just find music from un-incredibly famous artists and ask them.

That isnt too bad of an idea, you have a much higher chance of someone giving you permission and they will most likely be proud you asked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back