What makes a good banner?

Jose Bravo

This thread has probably mentioned before but I want to see if theres more input. I'm going to be creating a new banner for myself in the future after I take pictures since I didn't use the right dimensions on my old one. (I know I'm stupid.)

So what do you think makes a good banner?

Personally, I believe a good banner should be clean and crisp but should still include some color/art and twitter/instagram/facebook/twitch/etc..! Hope my input could help :)

A nice simplistic design I find is what does best. Also if it gives a brief taste of what your channel may be about and what you have to offer! I see you already have the subscribe prompt in yours and I have always found that that is always good!

A nice simplistic design I find is what does best. Also if it gives a brief taste of what your channel may be about and what you have to offer! I see you already have the subscribe prompt in yours and I have always found that that is always good!
Thank you :) Your banner is really nice and very fitting I think! haha

Tim Schmoyer of YouTubeCreators (check his site/channel, he also has a couple stickies in the YTTalk General section) recommends a clear image of what your message is, easy to read, and your upload schedule. He has some recent videos on it actually where he was "reviewing your channel" or something like that in the title. GREAT tips in those and on his channel in general.

Tim Schmoyer of YouTubeCreators (check his site/channel, he also has a couple stickies in the YTTalk General section) recommends a clear image of what your message is, easy to read, and your upload schedule. He has some recent videos on it actually where he was "reviewing your channel" or something like that in the title. GREAT tips in those and on his channel in general.
Thanks, Ill check him out :)

colors that don't clash, and something with great quality.

if it's simple, all while emitting in a photo what your channel is about, that'd be perfect. but again, do whatever works for you!

for example, I originally had a horrific collage of people in my videos, but then scrapped that and instead did a loose-leaf paper with a handwritten font with doodles, to emit that my channel is for those looking to avoid doing actual work and to give off a fun vibe.

This thread has probably mentioned before but I want to see if theres more input. I'm going to be creating a new banner for myself in the future after I take pictures since I didn't use the right dimensions on my old one. (I know I'm stupid.)

So what do you think makes a good banner?

A good banner would be something unique that shows your personality :)

Back