What is your twitter routine - re: promotion

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Hi.

As a noob here I have already found heaps of tips and tactics to improve my youtube experience.

One thing I have seen crop up a fair bit is people referring to twitter (instagram and face book) to promote their videos.
Facebook is pretty straight forward as it is a network of your friends or specific pages of interest.
But twitter and Instagram are much more fluid and free form.

If you use twitter successfully what is your routine. No one specifically outlines it but I think it would be valuable insights for a lot of new members.

The best I can piece together is targeting hashtags that relate to your content?

Hashtags relating to your content is a good idea. What I've done is I just tweet out my newest video to my followers. I gain followers through activity on other twitter accounts, following suggested people, and activity through my other social media outlets. I probably could be doing more but that's what I do now.

I have two Twitter accounts on which I promote my videos. The first is just my personal account, and I'll briefly talk about my videos. The second is dedicated to George the Self Esteem Cat, and he's always giving out advice about being good to yourself, and also promotes the videos he's in.

Interactivity!

Connecting your YouTube to Twitter as a means of sharing links is pretty straightforward once you've got it down. And you'll get the hang of hashtags, fear not!
But it's talking to other folks that'll get you noticed on there more than anything.
That's the wonderful thing about Twitter. Your fave celeb or YouTuber shares a witty anecdote or snippet of their life? You can tell them directly how it makes you feel - and better yet, they sometimes respond?

Posting your own dazzling wit (e.g. omg slayyyyy queen yaaaaassss or fight me irl m9 swear on me mum) instantly puts you in the sight of fellow fans and you're more likely receive engagement because you also breathed on something they love. You're more likely get more likes or RTs and you can even make some awesome new friends along the way!

My routine:
  1. Making a tweet regarding my video that includes the link and possibly some hashtags
  2. Make this tweet my pinned tweet so that the video thumbnail will appear
  3. Go on a follow spree of your niche. People are going to check the twitter of those who followed them and if they check the first thing they'll see is your video. Since they are in your niche the video should appeal to them.
Hope that help!

My routine:
  1. Making a tweet regarding my video that includes the link and possibly some hashtags
  2. Make this tweet my pinned tweet so that the video thumbnail will appear
  3. Go on a follow spree of your niche. People are going to check the twitter of those who followed them and if they check the first thing they'll see is your video. Since they are in your niche the video should appeal to them.
Hope that help!

Nice solid steps to follow. Cheers.
Been using twitter for a while and never knew about a 'pinned post'
Doh! will have to definitely check that out.

Will give it a try next video.

Update. I uploaded a new vid. Next day put some of these tips into action.
Got some favs for my tweet full of hashtags, and a follow from a Twitter account that my video was aimed at.

Analytics hasn't processed how many views I potentially got from Twitter but I would have to say all your tips have been a help and thank you all.

Back