What is your biggest piece of advice for YouTube (or life)

Senevids

I feel the most valuable piece of advice I ever got was to just keep producing what you love. The only surefire thing to help you grow on Youtube, and in life, is to just keep putting yourself out there for the world to enjoy. But what's your biggest piece of advice that you have heard?

I have a lot to say but I'll pick one that I recently discovered:

How to not kill yourself PT 1- Don't be around people who want to make you kill yourself.

Last edited:
The best YouTube advice that I have received is to raise the volume of my videos. Lots of people were telling me this, and it was a little overwhelming. Nevertheless, I was really thankful because I was oblivious.

Maybe this is too specific of advice, but it sticks out to me.

My best bit of advice is to keep trying new stuff. That doesn't mean new types on content all the time, sometimes it means trying new video techniques too. Very recently I got into new vlog style videos with my wife and it has greatly expanded our abilities to record videos as well as edit them. It has also been a great bonding experience for us and we've had a lot of fun making the channel "our" channel.

We've seen a lot of growth since we've began working together to make content. A breathe of fresh air can really help revive channels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love these responses! @KatyAdelson, thanks for moving me to the right spot and as for your advice, I never thought about it like that but it puts everything into perspective which is, refreshing and motivating. @Looped Fruit, I couldn't have said it better myself, surround yourself with those who inspire you to improve. @darksmokeyt, those kinds of constructive comments are awesome because sometimes its just the little things that make a big difference. @Spence Bailey, I love how you are able to use Youtube to connect closer with your family; it is so heartwarming and proves how genuine you are to your audience when you're just enjoying the ride. Thank you all for replying, I didn't think anyone would and I was just wondering what people might say. A lot of the advice for growing on youtube can help us grow as people; taking life one step at a time, surrounding yourself with good people, listening to others opinions, and just trying new things with the ones you love! Have an outstanding day everyone!

P.S. I love your profile pic @Spence Bailey

That's definitely some good advice. Because grinding and consistently producing content is up there as one of the most important things on Youtube. And if you don't enjoy it then why make videos or content at all? :O!

I think for me though one of the best pieces of advice I got was to make more catchy thumbnails without being too "clickbaity" (ex: red circle, over dramatic faces, etc). My old thumbnails were just a color background, a character and a number. Since then I've added more to it to make it much more appealing. And since I've done that I have seen a good increase in my subscriber base (slowly but surely). Thumbnails are equally as important as your video. =]

Biggest life advice is "GIVE". Don't take...It is in giving that we receive.
As far as YouTube, optimize your channel (Title, Descriptions, Thumbnail, Tags, Hashtags, Metadata) and publish consistently <--- that one I fail at miserably
Cheers,
ET

@Farley Productions that is true advice. I feel like thumbnails are works of art that shouldn't be shoved into someone's face but still enjoyable to look at. @ByeByeCubicle Both of those pieces of advice are great to go by for life and Youtube respectively. But I feel that giving also applies to Youtube. You should have the mindset that you are not begging and pleading for others to watch, but that you are GIVING your passion and content to the world for others to enjoy.

@Farley Productions that is true advice. I feel like thumbnails are works of art that shouldn't be shoved into someone's face but still enjoyable to look at. @ByeByeCubicle Both of those pieces of advice are great to go by for life and Youtube respectively. But I feel that giving also applies to Youtube. You should have the mindset that you are not begging and pleading for others to watch, but that you are GIVING your passion and content to the world for others to enjoy.
Absolutely, the "giving" especially applies to YouTube. I set out to provide immense value to my viewers and have never asked anything in return, but they have happily bought stuff using my affiliate links, became patrons in my patreon, and advertisers and companies have engaged with me. All because I focus on giving awesome content.
Cheers,
ET

Back