what is the right amount of time for an intro

VenGamingHD

hey guy some one told me that my intro on my videos is to long its 15 seconds is that to long and what is the right amount of time?

It all depends really no intro's are better but don't make it too long, if you're a community needing to promote sponsors make it around 15 seconds not longer, but if you're a community/clan then do have an intro and make it fun no cheap/free s****y intro's :)

Watched your intro and 15 seconds does feel a little too long. If I wasn't watching it because of this thread, I would've clicked away before it ended. You want to grab your audience's attention right away. Viewers today only have about a 5 second attention span. That's why I just dive right into my videos with no intro. Who wants to see the same intro every time they watch a video? But if you do want to keep an intro, I'd suggest 5 seconds MAX.

Look at the TV channels...
They give you the breaking news first and then play the intro, in that case it's ok if it's 15 seconds.... but if you are playing it right upfront in all your videos, I think that' is not appropriate for bettter audience retention.....

So give first the intro of what's the Main highlight of this video, and then play your intro, and then get into the main video....

I would say 15 - 30 depending on the quality of the intro. if it look bad 15 and if it looks good then i say 30! hoped this helped!

Look at the TV channels...
They give you the breaking news first and then play the intro, in that case it's ok if it's 15 seconds.... but if you are playing it right upfront in all your videos, I think that' is not appropriate for bettter audience retention.....

So give first the intro of what's the Main highlight of this video, and then play your intro, and then get into the main video....

The news, however, is at least a 30 minute program. They can afford :30 or even :60 seconds for a longer intro. On YouTube, where the average video is 5 minutes long, the intro should be equally short. 5 seconds for a YT intro is a good ballpark number. Make it memorable, include a distinct audio cue (Pavlov would approve) and then get to business.

I do agree with Eddwel on giving a teaser before your intro. Give us a quick glance into what to expect, either in content or tone, to hook us. Then play your 5 second intro. Branding is important, but don't let it distract from the show. :)

I hate intros with a passion. 5 is long enough haha.

Outros are what's important, always end well so the viewer can remember you

Back