What is the point of joining a network?

pl0cks

Hi, recently we were approached by FullScreen for a network opportunity. I'm trying to figure out what exactly is the point of joining one of these networks? From research I've learned that you get partner benefits (banners, thumbnails etc.), but we're already YouTube Partners so we have these already. So can someone break it down to me why people join networks. From what I read, most networks don't even help promote your channel, so what would be the point of letting a network take a cut of your paycheck? Also our channel has 18,500 subscribers and almost 4 million total views if that matters.. Thanks to anyone that helps!

Hi, recently we were approached by FullScreen for a network opportunity. I'm trying to figure out what exactly is the point of joining one of these networks? From research I've learned that you get partner benefits (banners, thumbnails etc.), but we're already YouTube Partners so we have these already. So can someone break it down to me why people join networks. From what I read, most networks don't even help promote your channel, so what would be the point of letting a network take a cut of your paycheck? Also our channel has 18,500 subscribers and almost 4 million total views if that matters.. Thanks to anyone that helps!
I guess slightly expedited support with issues (e.g. claiming, copyright questions, etc.).
Also, the RPMS (some people refer to this as CPMs) are usually higher with networks because of the types of ads they have deals with.
You also get great community :D

It depends which network you're going for, they all offer different things and some more offer more things than the others. With Fullscreen they do offer quite a bit, you get access to their massive music and sound effects library to use within your videos, if you're a musician you could join FAM (Fullscreen Artist Mix) and be able to legally monetise the songs they allow you to cover, they also have a few other extra features like their Gorilla campaigns which have very nice CPMs.

Money and copyright benefits. That's about it. Still worth getting one, might as well get paid for videos and not have to worry about copyright infractions.

With that growth on your channel and what all the users above has stated i have to agree. It's totally up to you i feel like being partnered with a network is the best thing because youtube directly idk not for me. Fullscreen is a top notch network so when i got accepted i was excited and i think you should join:)

• Better protection against copyright claims
  • Better Partner Support (Better than YouTube support atleast)
  • Some have Gaming Licenses, allowing you to monetize gameplay
  • Protection against click-bombing (having your ads clicked repetitively) - causes AdSense to be disabled.
  • Royalty-free music library
  • Some do offer better ad management with targeted ads which can increase your income, even with a % cut.
  • Some networks do also help promote your channel, Fullscreen is well known for this... they tweet often also.
  • Connect with the networks community, this can help viewers find your channel through others on your network.

I guess slightly expedited support with issues (e.g. claiming, copyright questions, etc.).
Also, the RPMS (some people refer to this as CPMs) are usually higher with networks because of the types of ads they have deals with.
You also get great community :D
RPMs and CPMs are different :p

Really @OP, after this new layout alot of the networks which just offer the basic features are going to be quick to fall from the market, you`re looking for a premium network that can offer you advanced features,

Such as higher paying ads (ad-sales team)
24/7 partner support
friendly community
help and guidance through your YouTube career

And then you`ve got one that`ll help even more e.g. Fullscreen, IGN, BigFrame, YDL, VultraGaming etc
With features such as :

Music Libraries
Personal Support Manager
Advanced Branding (advertising in your banner)
Promotions (Vultra) / Gorilla Program (Fullscreen) which give you really high 15$+ CPMs
Help finding people to collab with.
Help getting you sponsors
etc

Back