What is the best HD screen recorder?

I use FRAPS for 'proper' game installs because its good quality, yes the files are huge but thats why you have a dedicated 1TB HDD. I then use bandicam' square box thing for stability since you can literally record anything such as emulators, online flash games or just windows OS whereas fraps needs to sort of lock onto an application. I think bandicam is not as good quality as fraps though since its video editing custom recording file thingie does not actually work in sony vegas since it does not have any audio or is super laggy.

Jenn and I both use Screenflow (Mac) and it works perfectly. Once you find and get a good export setting the quality is stellar.

I personally use fraps because you in adobe premiere pro you can't get the multi-tracks that dxtory gives you if you use it in sony vegas.

I use FRAPS for 'proper' game installs because its good quality, yes the files are huge but thats why you have a dedicated 1TB HDD. I then use bandicam' square box thing for stability since you can literally record anything such as emulators, online flash games or just windows OS whereas fraps needs to sort of lock onto an application. I think bandicam is not as good quality as fraps though since its video editing custom recording file thingie does not actually work in sony vegas since it does not have any audio or is super laggy.
bandicam is laggy? quality not as good? i think its your settings thats the problem

I personally like and use Fraps, but I have heard good things about Dxtory and Milirillis action

I personally use DXTory. The advantage DXTory has over Fraps is multiple audio channels, allowing you to edit the audio after recording. Also, it has more features overall and is more fluid.

I prefer to use Bandicam. Tried it, bought it, happy with it. It does everything I would like it to do :D
I also use Nvidias ShadowPlay, but only when something happens in a non-recording session. (You can save the last 20 minutes of your gameplay)

Definately "Mirillis Action!" for me. One of my all time favorite video recorders. Full HD 1080p, small file sizes (after exporting) and it's pretty straightforward to use.

I agree with Gigflint, Mirillis Action is the best recording software out there. I have used mirillis action for almost a month and I love it! You can record your games and also your screen if you want to do a tutorial or something like that. Of course you can record your voice, take screenshots and much more. One thing I really like about mirillis action is that you dont have to play around with the settings to get good quality on your videos. Because the normal settings is really good, small file sizes and really good quality (full HD). So if you want to have a recording software that can record both your games and your screen I would definitely go with Mirillis Action!

Last edited:
Back