What is it like being a big Youtuber.

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Hello everyone out there, recently I've wondered what it must be like for channels that are much bigger than my own. And I thought perhaps smaller channels are thinking this as well, even though I only have about 21k subs which isn't that much in the Youtube world, I wanna try to bring you insight on how it is for me running a channel.

I would also like to see some of the bigger guns on yttalk touch on a few topics:

1: Fan interaction: Is it possible for you to reply to a majority of comments?, do you miss alot of messages?, can you recognise fans?

2: Messages: Can people easily get in contact with you?, can anyone message you through Youtube?

3: Do you feel like your videos deserve more views than the ones getting 100 views?, if so why?

I'm gonna try to answer some of theese questions myself:
First of all I try to reply to as many comments as I can, but not even 10% of them show up in my inbox. So due to my large(r) amount og videos, I can't reply to nearly as many as I'd like to. I do however very much recognise fans, ESPECIALLY on their avatars.

Anyone can message me through Youtube, and I always reply (usually within 1 hour since I have my phone with me everywhere)

Unless people aren't working hard on their videos (fx they make low quality videos) I don't feel like mine deserve to be higher ranked at all. I genuinely believe that if someone works hard and makes good videos, they deserve the views just as much as I do. However I've still been on Youtube for years, I don't think someone who's been here for a week deserves the same growth that I do.

That's my 2 cents about it, Wreckless Eating ijustine PeterCoffin take it away

Perhaps in the future when you start a thread where you explicitly only want to hear from perhaps five or six people on the forum, why not consider the private message as an alternative to intimating that you don't want to hear from the rest of us :)

Perhaps in the future when you start a thread where you explicitly only want to hear from perhaps five or six people on the forum, why not consider the private message as an alternative to intimating that you don't want to hear from us :)
I never said I only wanted to hear from them, I just said I'm interested in hearing from them. I'd be glad to see other people comment their opinion.

Your subs you have now would mean a lot the heck to me! Damn, i only have 6 but this is because i started a new channel. But yes sometimes i wonder why lame videos of nothing get more views than mine.

I never said I only wanted to hear from them, I just said I'm interested in hearing from them. I'd be glad to see other people comment their opinion.

Fair enough, I musta misread your intentions there :)

Personally, I'm still at the level where I can see all the comments (averaging about 100 per vid). I recognize everyone who comments regularly, I can be reached via YouTube messages, etc.

I do sortof wonder how larger YouTubers manage to interact on things like Twitter. You often see a lot of replies back and forth, but you know they're being flooded with replies from tons of fans all the time. Perhaps there's some filtration tool they use to show replies from a select group. Anywho, I'm curious.

Fair enough, I musta misread your intentions there :)

Personally, I'm still at the level where I can see all the comments (averaging about 100 per vid). I recognize everyone who comments regularly, I can be reached via YouTube messages, etc.

I do sortof wonder how larger YouTubers manage to interact on things like Twitter. You often see a lot of replies back and forth, but you know they're being flooded with replies from tons of fans all the time. Perhaps there's some filtration tool they use to show replies from a select group. Anywho, I'm curious.
Twitter is like the 1 thing I'm late on, I got like 30 followers.

Perhaps there's some filtration tool they use to show replies from a select group. Anywho, I'm curious.

Lists? Don't help you on only getting replies, but on filtering people...

Yeah, avatars! I wouldn't even recognize myself without an avatar. Was so glad when YouTube finally introduced them!

Back