DaRealApollo

Loving YTtalk
I run a part comedy part gaming channel, and I have been for a year. Recently, I got into making a sort of rant sort of video. It's like a rant/complaint/life story/hyperbolic interpretation of social life video with a moral at the end. To fulfill the part gaming part of my channel, I include background gameplay in my videos just for visual stimulation while the viewer listens to my voice. I thought I should ask the YTTalk community if this is a good and fun idea for videos. So, guys, what do you think? Is it more engaging to have pre-recorded gameplay in the background of comedy-type videos, or should I introduce a camera to the equation and do things vlogger style? Or a third possible option would be to have the best of both worlds and have both a face cam and gameplay. Let me know what you'd be most engaged in as a viewer.

That's not a bad idea at all!
People like leafy do the same thing with primarily CS:GO videos and he covers a lot of topics.

I think it's still a pretty fresh subject!
Go for it!

Maybe upload vlogs on say a Friday every week and have the rest be gaming videos with a face-cam. That way you can have consistency with it, and have a diverse channel.

It's definitely a good way to communicate with your subscribers, especially if you have something interesting to say and they want to hear it!

The third option really isn't a bad one. Go an check out Funhaus' Dude Soup podcast as an example that really works well :) Means you can add to the tags too!

Back