What do you think is a good channel trailer?

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Title says it all, but what do you think makes a good channel trailer? Does a channel that has an informative/engaging trailer make you want to subscribe more? How often do you actually watch someone's channel trailer?

I have literally never watched a trailer from anyone since YouTube introduced the feature. I think it's quite pointless, and the only reason why I would ever create one is to use it on the 'Fan Finder" service, but even then I just selected my most popular video for that..

I would go for an informative, engaging and funny channel trailer. Maybe about a minute or even shorter. I have seen some good ones out there on Youtube and of course you should ask people to subscriber too:)

Informative and engaging, I like knowing what a channel is about, some channels can be a bit confusing to what they are actually trying to achieve. It's also a great spot to announce what your posting schedule is.

I'm actually planning my trailer atm as well!

I think they're really important for new subs. Personally, I will watch a trailer to get the idea of a channel. It shows things like; are they to the point? Are they interesting to watch? What is the general feel of thier channel?

In the Creator Academy I think it states that a trailer should be roughly 30 secs-1 min? (I could be wrong though) As you should engage the viewer within the first 15 seconds.

I think they can be important. My "trailer" isn't a trailer as such, but more of a montage of my past travels that is engaging and gives flavour of what the channel is about for anyone who isn't subscribed who lands on my page.

To have a cool channel trailer is a good idea. It introduces your project to the potential watchers. Something less than 1min is perfect length. I'm planning to create it soon.

Back