What do I even do at this point?

Should I make a new channel or keep the ghost town?

• Create a new channel

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Stick with old channel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
So I used to post all my IRL videos on this channel, and fueled its growth with an edit compilation channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWeEGIEBK4z9wc0GJHvHBOQ/community. My IRL channel was never monetized, but my edit compilation channel was (copyrighted content and all) until it was cut off last January.
In a desperate bid to maintain my income, I decided to private all my edit compilation videos and began uploading to this channel: youtube.com/channel/UCegej0FY22StNtSYTLR82EQ. I thought that I could reapply for monetization right away; turns out I could not.
Then I took a year's break due to personal issues, and I've returned to a ghost town. On both channels.

I'm not seeing much growth - if anything I'm seeing a decline - and I really don't know what to do. I've screwed my loyal viewers around a bit trying to find something that gives results, but nothing is working. Would I find more success in growth and building a community if I began an entirely new channel? My loooong hiatus and switching channels did not help my case in the slightest and I feel like I need to start fresh now - I know I have a good little community of viewers that will follow me if I start a new channel... I just have to make sure it's the right choice.

My end goal, by the way, is to achieve monetization, which is part of the reason I'm really flipflopping around: do I leave the 400 hours of watch time and 12k subscribers to try to achieve growth, or do I hold fast and keep trekking on? What would be the best strategy here?

Hi Tahlia, copyright issues suck, BIG TIME!!!
It is difficult to build a channel today especially with all the hurdles Youtube throws at us with all their algorithms & constant changes. How long have you been trying to regrow your channel? Copyright videos will likely be striken or claimed again.
If you did it before, I am sure you can do it again, you are young so plenty of time.
Great luck :)

Back