What can I do about these claims

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Hi Everyone

I have three videos, one on my main channel and two on my vlogging channel which show up as having matched third party content. The one on my main channel is a short documentary I made at the Last Post Ceremony in Belgium, there is some footage of marching bands playing music, including God Save the Queen, I thought this music would've been so old that no one would care about copyrighting it, I never wanted to monetise this video for myself, I had thought it would be cool if I could make ad revenue for it and donate it to the Poppy Appeal, Help for Heroes etc, but it won't let me. The other two videos are vlogs from Scouts, and have footage of my friend playing the bagpipes, again some very old tunes.

What, if anything can I do about these claims? Will it affect the reputation of my account in any way?

Thanks
Bobby

Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to dispute these claims. Regarding what it does to your "reputation" - nothing. Most Content ID claims are harmless and they're just allowing the video to generate money for the original copyright holder.

Hi Everyone

I have three videos, one on my main channel and two on my vlogging channel which show up as having matched third party content. The one on my main channel is a short documentary I made at the Last Post Ceremony in Belgium, there is some footage of marching bands playing music, including God Save the Queen, I thought this music would've been so old that no one would care about copyrighting it, I never wanted to monetise this video for myself, I had thought it would be cool if I could make ad revenue for it and donate it to the Poppy Appeal, Help for Heroes etc, but it won't let me. The other two videos are vlogs from Scouts, and have footage of my friend playing the bagpipes, again some very old tunes.

What, if anything can I do about these claims? Will it affect the reputation of my account in any way?

Thanks
Bobby

You could try to file a DMCA but it would be a pain in the a** to dispute it unless you have some kind of clever plan to trick the youtube robot that does that stuff. *hint hint nudge nudge*

Back