What attracts you to a new YouTube channel?

Good content. Being new doesn't enter into the equation. You either have good videos or you don't.
This, exactly. When I happen to enjoy what I'm watching, that is the only thing which will spike my interest for the channel. No banners, no thumbnails, no nothing. Sure that may be the gateway to click on the video, but content is paramount.

Things that can keep me from getting distracted by something else half way through a video :)

This, exactly. When I happen to enjoy what I'm watching, that is the only thing which will spike my interest for the channel. No banners, no thumbnails, no nothing. Sure that may be the gateway to click on the video, but content is paramount.

Content is definitely key, I am sensing that is without a doubt the most important aspect.

However, if a channel is new and has very low visibility, but produces excellent quality content how will it ever be found out.[DOUBLEPOST=1386629078,1386629054][/DOUBLEPOST]
The women

Haha, appealing women on thumbnails :p[DOUBLEPOST=1386629145][/DOUBLEPOST]
Things that can keep me from getting distracted by something else half way through a video :)

Generally how long do you feel your attention span is for a video?

do you get bored quickly and jump to another video if there is not enough interesting contnet in the first 10 - 15 seconds?

For people to find your channel and videos, you need very specific tags, and if youre new, try and do something that no one else has done yet, so if people search it up, they will find you first.

Content is definitely key, I am sensing that is without a doubt the most important aspect.

However, if a channel is new and has very low visibility, but produces excellent quality content how will it ever be found out.[DOUBLEPOST=1386629078,1386629054][/DOUBLEPOST]

Haha, appealing women on thumbnails :p[DOUBLEPOST=1386629145][/DOUBLEPOST]

Generally how long do you feel your attention span is for a video?

do you get bored quickly and jump to another video if there is not enough interesting contnet in the first 10 - 15 seconds?
generally I have a much longer attention span than anyone I know, I can go 10-15 minutes untill daydreaming/distracted but in getting led away it's all to do with what seems to be the best video at the time :)

For people to find your channel and videos, you need very specific tags, and if youre new, try and do something that no one else has done yet, so if people search it up, they will find you first.

That is definitely very good advice, creating unique content really does allow you to stand out in a sea of Youtubers.[DOUBLEPOST=1386629680,1386629629][/DOUBLEPOST]
generally I have a much longer attention span than anyone I know, I can go 10-15 minutes untill daydreaming/distracted but in getting led away it's all to do with what seems to be the best video at the time :)

What videos tend to capture your attention span for 10 - 15 minutes?

Back