WHAT ARE THE MUST HAVES FOR A NEWB ? Lighting sound ect.

JustCallMeCass

Liking YTtalk
Hey guys ! I have a camera (that i want to upgrade) and a tripod and that is about it.

So i want to invest in some nice lighting that is not to expensive !

What do people recomend ? Should i be investing in a good mic also ?

What do you use for your filming set up ?

Blue yeti or snowball seem to be what people recommend for mics.. as for lights, I just use good old mr. sun!

Blue yeti or snowball seem to be what people recommend for mics.. as for lights, I just use good old mr. sun!
Yeah I was looking at the snowball ! I do use window lighting and while its great it is a little frustrating when a thunderstorm breaks out (like today) mid way through filming ! so would love to know if anyone recomends any good lights

My most recent video (in dig) was filmed fully in the dark with an iPhone and I used light tricks in editing to make it look as it does. So maybe in editing you can make things bright too

So if I buy Blue yeti but record with cam corder (JVC) I must plug the microphone in the PC and than mix the audio and video in the editing program. Sorry for the stupid question but we awlays have problems with the audio.

So if I buy Blue yeti but record with cam corder (JVC) I must plug the microphone in the PC and than mix the audio and video in the editing program. Sorry for the stupid question but we awlays have problems with the audio.

Oh my gosh I have no idea hah but i have the same question !

For all my videos, I use a Rode Videomic (shotgun mic) and it's awesome :)

For lighting, I'd suggest softbox lights.

Well this is the kit i use if it helps:
- Nikon D3300
- Canon HF R506 (for vlogs)
- Shotgun Microphone (for the NIkon)
- Neewer LED Light

Back