What are some narrating/voice-over techniques?

JSHendrickson

I just stopped using Windows Movie Maker last night and downloaded Pinnacle VideoSpin. Looks like a better program so far, but I can't find how to add commentary in "real-time" as the video plays. If VideoSpin don't have that kind of feature, how do people make it work? I've thought about downloading Audacity, would that make it possible somehow? I'd still have to import the new audio files to VideoSpin after making them in Audacity, but is it possible to sync it up like that by recording the audio while you watch a specific scene?

I suppose the only way to go about it is to use audacity if there's no 'real time' recording option as you mentioned.

I guess what I would do to sync up the audio is once I'm done editing my gaming video, I would open up audacity to prepare for the voice over. Hit the 'record' button in audacity and count down. "3, 2, 1, play!" on "play", hit the play button on the video and commentate the video.

Once I'm done, import my VO, and line up the beginning of the video with the sound "play". Tweak the audio accordingly if it's slightly off sync.

I'm sure there's a more efficient way of doing this, and I'm not a gaming channel :p

Good luck!

Back