• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Congrats buddy, would u mind mention why was ur channel got stuck at 600 subs and how u actually fixed it?
I mean was that youtube technical issue or it was about ur channel?
Thanks, I don't mind sharing my story.

The issue was with our channel and not a technical issue. We started out as a kid channel, did a lot of hot wheels stuff. Channel was off to a good start. It started out about my kid but the more I got sucked into YouTube the more I felt I wanted to branch out. I had this drive I wanted to reach more people.

We then started to do vlogs with the whole family. Before we started our channel I didn't even know what vlogs were. Before we started I had no interest in even having a YouTube channel. My kid loved watching videos and I thought it would be something he might enjoy doing and said what the heck let's make some videos and week later we made a video even though I had no idea what I'm doing. LOL

So our channel turned into vlogs, kid videos and even some how to videos. I got so sucked up by YouTube I even created a second channel for adult parent topics. Well things felt like we hit a brick wall and our growth just stalled. I created a thread here looking for help and participated in some other threads were I got some great advice.

My channel seemed to be all over the place, you couldn't tell what audience we were trying to reach. In essence, we didn't have a brand. To make this long story not get even longer, what we did was remove all our vlogs and how to videos. I did keep one how to video about reef tanks though. It is a video that does really well for us and brings consistent traffic to our page. I also removed all the vids from my second channel as I really wanted to focus on one channel.

I redid our channel graphics so it was very clear what we did and who our target audience is. I started doing videos in a whole new style. We now had a brand and our growth started picking up again. Of course we can always hit slow times again that are out of our control but that's all part of the game. I am happy with our channel right now.

Hope I didn't put you to sleep. : )[DOUBLEPOST=1485666773,1485666748][/DOUBLEPOST]
Awesome! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
Thank you.

Thanks, I don't mind sharing my story.

The issue was with our channel and not a technical issue. We started out as a kid channel, did a lot of hot wheels stuff. Channel was off to a good start. It started out about my kid but the more I got sucked into YouTube the more I felt I wanted to branch out. I had this drive I wanted to reach more people.

We then started to do vlogs with the whole family. Before we started our channel I didn't even know what vlogs were. Before we started I had no interest in even having a YouTube channel. My kid loved watching videos and I thought it would be something he might enjoy doing and said what the heck let's make some videos and week later we made a video even though I had no idea what I'm doing. LOL

So our channel turned into vlogs, kid videos and even some how to videos. I got so sucked up by YouTube I even created a second channel for adult parent topics. Well things felt like we hit a brick wall and our growth just stalled. I created a thread here looking for help and participated in some other threads were I got some great advice.

My channel seemed to be all over the place, you couldn't tell what audience we were trying to reach. In essence, we didn't have a brand. To make this long story not get even longer, what we did was remove all our vlogs and how to videos. I did keep one how to video about reef tanks though. It is a video that does really well for us and brings consistent traffic to our page. I also removed all the vids from my second channel as I really wanted to focus on one channel.

I redid our channel graphics so it was very clear what we did and who our target audience is. I started doing videos in a whole new style. We now had a brand and our growth started picking up again. Of course we can always hit slow times again that are out of our control but that's all part of the game. I am happy with our channel right now.

Hope I didn't put you to sleep. : )[DOUBLEPOST=1485666773,1485666748][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you.
wow, that's a long story :D but seriously i wanna thank u for telling it and I wish u best luck with ur channel.

Back