Want Some Feedback?

I'd love your opinion on my channel Frankie :)

Channel Design
Bright pinky-purples aren't personally to my tastes, BUT that doesn't mean it's bad. Nothing clashes and your title shows up clearly. Channel design is busy, but if you have lots of videos then I can't see this being a bad thing.

Only thing I would remove is your 'favourites'. Jeff (Wreckless) once told me that allowing any part of your channel to intentionally drive people to someone else's is pointless and can risk damaging views. Your channel is for you, so try and keep the focus 100% on yourself.

Videos!
Well I like your music so no complaints there :)

In terms of video quality, I've noticed your vids don't use the whole 1080 widescreen potential to its fullest. This probably can't be helped due to equipment limitations (heck, my channel's the same) but if there was any improvement to be had there I'd say to find a tutorial on how to convert a 4:3 video into 16:9 without losing too much of the screen. It'll instantly make it look more 'professional'.

Custom thumbs are interesting, bold titles and not samey, which is good because each one individually draws attention. Some of the older videos could stand to have new thumbnails made for them to match with the newer ones, since a new audience member might not find you through a new video.

Channel Design
I like your banner a lot, although the text could stand to be a bit bigger. It seems to get a bit lost in all the background. Avatar and playlist layout looks good and easy to find things. Titles look good, nothing deceptive etc.

Be consistent with custom thumbs. Some videos have them, some don't seem to. They could look a little better (the quality of the thumbs doesn't stand up to the banner quality), but if anything try to ensure all videos have them, if nothing else.

Personally, I found your 12 second intro to be too long. Some of the best intros I've seen have been 5 seconds or less. That's just my opinion (there's no right/wrong here). It was a good intro, catchy music, I just found it quite long and if I was having a marathon of your videos it would start to annoy me after a while.

Commentary
(From your most recent video) Missing in Action! That's a major problem for your channel right there. YouTube's ToS require commentary, and if you ever hope to partner in the future, you're going to need to remove all videos without commentary, and upload videos with you speaking over the video.

The above 'legalities' aside, I personally find no commentary FPS videos mean you're narrowing your audience. If you have GREAT commentary, someone who doesn't like BF3 might just stick around because the vocals are entertaining. Without it, your only hope is specifically someone who wants to see it.

(From a random Bioshock video) some stellar video quality here, nice to see the graphics amped up, but again - no commentary can damage your channel in the long run.
Great thanks for the advice, i will analyze all the things you mentioned for the 2nd time tomorrow in more detail and i will start making the changes respectively.

Channel Design
Bright pinky-purples aren't personally to my tastes, BUT that doesn't mean it's bad. Nothing clashes and your title shows up clearly. Channel design is busy, but if you have lots of videos then I can't see this being a bad thing.

Only thing I would remove is your 'favourites'. Jeff (Wreckless) once told me that allowing any part of your channel to intentionally drive people to someone else's is pointless and can risk damaging views. Your channel is for you, so try and keep the focus 100% on yourself.

Videos!
Well I like your music so no complaints there :)

In terms of video quality, I've noticed your vids don't use the whole 1080 widescreen potential to its fullest. This probably can't be helped due to equipment limitations (heck, my channel's the same) but if there was any improvement to be had there I'd say to find a tutorial on how to convert a 4:3 video into 16:9 without losing too much of the screen. It'll instantly make it look more 'professional'.

Custom thumbs are interesting, bold titles and not samey, which is good because each one individually draws attention. Some of the older videos could stand to have new thumbnails made for them to match with the newer ones, since a new audience member might not find you through a new video.

Thanks so much!!! Really appreciate that! Haha I'm obsessed with pink :D and I agree with a lot you said there. Definitely need to get those old videos a thumbnail.

Id love to know what im doing wrong haha :D

The first thing I noticed is that your banner is completely the wrong size. The text doesn't fit on the screen without me intentionally 'full screening' my page, which I don't want to do whenever I go on your channel. Download the OneChannel guideline template and be sure to keep all forefront text/images within the borders, bearing in mind where your avatar and any channel links will go.

As I said to Katherine001 -- lose the external playlists (especially on yours, since they DOMINATE your entire front page). They do nothing to help your channel. Take them off, and put your own playlists there, for YOUR content. All you're doing is driving people away with it.

Uploads are a tad inconsistent. Try to upload weekly or if that's too often at least bi-weekly. If you're a smaller channel it's so easy for people to forget you exist in the space of four weeks if you forget to upload anything.

Custom Thumbs look fine, titles do their job. No complaints there.

I would love some constructive criticism Frankie, if you have the time since this thread is quite popular :D

Back