• Sometimes

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Why would I?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont vlog but if I did I would use a script for them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont vlog but if did I would not use a script for them

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I dont vlog but it would depend on the video itself whether I would or not.

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Michael

I Love YTtalk
So for all of you out there who do vlogs, do you ever use scripts yourself or practice a script before recording so you know mostly what you are going to say or do you just get up on camera, know a few things to mention and do it on the spot? Which method do you think makes your videos turn out better? Does scripting what you're going to be saying in a vlog make the vlog seem unnatural? What do you find easier? Is scripting vlogs bad?

I have added a poll to this for you to vote in, please share your thoughts on this and what you do yourself :)

I don´t script my vlogs at all. Even though my vlogs are all over the place I just try to pick a certain topic each time, I could definitely work on staying on topic though haha

Overall, pick a topic, stick to it, don´t script it because it will sound rehearsed and that is lame lol

Jonathan

I guess this is dependent on the style of vlog that you do. If you do a very free flowing everyday life vlog then I say don't script. However, If you are covering a topic in your vlog you have a lot to talk about, then definitely consider scripting. Or to prevent any scripting you could just cut the video :/

I do two types of vlogs. MarkRemarks are scripted, while InsomniaVlogs are not. It's freaking 3 AM and I have no time to write a script. :D

I'm going to record a Channel month in review vlog in the next couple of days, and I wrote it out, but mainly just an outline so I know what to talk about. I didn't really write it word for word, just want to make sure I get in some gags/jokes.

I do "lazy vlogs", so there is no editing or scripting. If I had more in my life worth filming I would probably script the inbetween parts of the vlog when talking about what happened that week. But for now, I do not script at all.

Not if you know how to read a script well. ;)

This, exactly. If you know how to script but also if you know how to deliver properly, scripting dosnt have to sound scripted.
I come from a background in theater so Iv been in plays and memorized lines and I know how deliver a script and have it flow properly.
I script mine because if I dont I loose my thoughts too much. Ill end recording and go "oh, shoot, there was something else I wanted to touch on too what was it..." I find the camera very nerve racking and if I dont have a script written out Im not going to be anywhere near coherent.

Back