Would it be interesting?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
It takes time for me to gather my thoughts and be able to communicate them well, so I find it better to do vlog commentaries at home and then use footage from the experience to supplement the video. Doing the commentaries at home also allows me some space to actually enjoy the experience fully without having to worry about whether I have enough footage to make a video that flows well.

The point of a vlog is to share your life with the public. In my opinion, I think always staying in one location (home) and *also* never showing your face are two huge obstacles to overcome in the vlogging world. It's like shooting a music video without audio and without musical instruments. But I admit I am not a successful YouTuber, so I base all of that only on what I tend to watch and find interesting. Others may have a different opinion. But you'll never know if you don't try! :)

You might also think about other types of video you could do without showing your face or leaving home: how-to vids, gaming, animation, tutorials, podcasts, etc. Lots of options.

Best of luck! Just go try it!

Look at popular channels like Zoella. Might not be the same subject matter as you but pretty much all her videos are at her home.

Assuming you are not wanting to show your face from being camera shy like me, you can try making some screen capture videos. That is at least until you are more comfortable with the process of making vids.

As for the house thing, I have watched blogs that do most of the shows in the same room but change some things in the background and maybe change rooms every once in a while.

Thanks for asking this question. It has been something that has ran through my mind from time to time as I "research" starting a channel.

You could also film some of the things you do during the day, without being in frame, then show them while doing a voice over, giving more detail/insight regarding the who/why/why of that moment ?

We often enjoy vloggers more when they are doing normal days rather than lots of exciting things. We find that their personality comes through more as they are in a more comfortable environment.

Back