views from facebook not registering

fingers crossed somebody here can shed some light on this issue[DOUBLEPOST=1505686986,1505665758][/DOUBLEPOST]according to facebook, my video has reached 1,500 people, yet youtube says its only been viewed 30 odd times... something wrong here...

i made 1 compilation so sue me... out of 30+ videos...

If I went to a store every day for a month and one day I stole a piece of candy and got busted I wouldn't be able to say "I stole candy one time out of the 30 times I have been here" because that obviously wouldn't work. To stay on topic though, your embedded views from Facebook should show up within a few days because they do count on YouTube.

Facebook.jpg

so you are against all these millions of videos that show top 10's or compilations that are out there on youtube?
also it has now been 4 days and still no sign of views rising, apparently on my fb page the video reached 3,000 people yet on youtube it says 90 views now

I think when it says the video reached 3000 people, it means 3000 people have seen the post. That doesn't mean they interacted with it.

the video itself actually plays on facebook though, i find it hard to believe that out of 3,000 people only 90 click the play button, and that is only 1 of about 10 pages i posted it too

Not sure how you have made your post, but I'll use the example of my latest post on Facebook.

When I check my Facebook page and go to the insights tab, it shows me the following stats:

-My post had a reach of 1.2k people
-My post had an engagement of 6 clicks and 22 reactions (comments, shares, likes)
(pretty sad really when I sum up the stats like this lol. Luckily I'm enjoying myself doing it)

This is from a post where I typed in some plain text, and added a youtube link. The video is embedded. So of the 1.2k people reached, I'll have gained 6 views from this.

In case you're sure you have 90 clicks on the youtube link and people viewed the video then they should add up to your count in youtube. If not, I've not got a clue, sorry. Unless some of these clicks are from the same location, for example from you testing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm not mistaken, a lot of views of the same ip/location won't add up.

Back