Videos longer than 12 hours?

TL;DR: I want to upload a ridiculously long video for the sake of uploading a ridiculously long video. I don't care if it gets watched or not. Is there a way to upload a video longer than 12 hours?

I spent the last month working on a massive let's play video and then I found out about the 12 hour limit that evidently only applies to some people. People say that's the limit, anyway, but there are 500 hour videos and I really wanted to do this. It was Star Wars The Old Republic level 1-65 all in one video, and I'm at 62 and have countless hours (around a TB) of footage that is pretty much wasted if I can't do this. I only found out about this limit when I looked to see what the current longest let's play is. I even had easter eggs and things for people to post in the comments to prove how far they had watched.

Is there a way to bypass it? Like some special loophole where YouTube will allow it?
One thing I've learnt about starting YouTube is that, don't do long videos!! I am starting to aim for 3-4 mins, because I did a 9 min video which was my first, and I found even when I watched it again, it was a little to long!! Just keep in mind, if people were to watch a long video, the audience could get boring

Why on gods earth would you want to upload a 12 hour+ video? I can see people listening to something like rainfall or thunder to help them sleep.. but anything else uhh

i watch 12 hour videos but it's relaxation music type of videos. if i can't sleep. i'll switch one of these videos, and go lay down.

TL;DR: I want to upload a ridiculously long video for the sake of uploading a ridiculously long video. I don't care if it gets watched or not. Is there a way to upload a video longer than 12 hours?

I spent the last month working on a massive let's play video and then I found out about the 12 hour limit that evidently only applies to some people. People say that's the limit, anyway, but there are 500 hour videos and I really wanted to do this. It was Star Wars The Old Republic level 1-65 all in one video, and I'm at 62 and have countless hours (around a TB) of footage that is pretty much wasted if I can't do this. I only found out about this limit when I looked to see what the current longest let's play is. I even had easter eggs and things for people to post in the comments to prove how far they had watched.

Is there a way to bypass it? Like some special loophole where YouTube will allow it?

Well, I have a 12 hour stream of me playing Nuka World. Honeslty, I was surprised that it got three likes and some watched the hole thing. Whatever floats your boat I guess. lol

OK I know this is an old topic. But I recently uploaded a 15 hour video and a lot of people actually watched it. It has 49k views right now which is one of my most watched videos. The long length I believe actually helped the views because people had to come back to the video to continue. The way I got past the 12 hour limit was by using Handbrake to get the file size down to below 128 GB. The video was uploaded only 2 months ago so it's after YouTube set the 12 hour limit. So it's still possible.

I created a video only with a black background and 480p resolution, lasting 20 hours. The file is only 90MB. I tried to send and it didn't work. I received a message saying that the video was too long, that means that no matter the size of the file, if it is more than 12 hours long it will not work.

You have to a YouTube partner. Then all you do is start uploading your video, change the video title (add 123 to the end of the title as an example), say that you want to monetise it, select a playlist for the video and then set the video to private. That’s all you need to do

Back