Video with Part 1 and Part 2

Phiul

I've Got It
Hello people,

My idea is to upload a video once every 3 weeks.I have only 1 so far but I'll upload the 2nd during the next week.

However the video will be 13 or 13+ long, and I'm afraid that will be too much for only 1 video, even more that it's only my 2nd video.

I'm not sure if would be better to do a Part 1 and Part 2. I wouldn't upload the 2nd Part only 3 weeks later, but like 1 week later.

So that why I'm posting, to ask for your opinions about this.

Thank you for your time

I wouldn't go that far between videos period. Videos can be as long as they need to be. I'm currently working on a 4-part series and the first video is 45 minutes long. Together, they ought to be over 3 hours. Sometimes that's just what it takes to say what I want to say. But I'm sure not going to wait 3 weeks between uploading videos!

Thanks for your reply.

You mean you wouldn't go that far between Part 1 and Part 2 or between videos in general? I guess you wouldn't do Part 1 and Part 2, but only one video, right?

As for the 3 weeks, unfortunately is almost impossible to do it in less time, I work full time 6 days a week, and more than an ideia for a story, I still have to develop her.

I think you should definitely have 2 parts to it. Shorter bursts are nicer to watch than a long video, plus it'll make somebody sub if they're waiting for the second part. That is of course, if you showed that there would be a second part at the end of your video. I would've said that you would be good to have a 15-20 minute video, but if it's gonna be more than 20, I'd say definitely stick to two parts

Thanks.

Video will have approx 14/15 min. I was thinking one video with approx 5:32 and the rest for the 2nd video, but not sure what to do.
Because, and I speak for myself, if I see that a comedy story/sketch on Youtube is 15 min long, I would jump to some other video or maybe just have a quick look, but that's me, maybe not the majority of people. And that is why I'm a bit paranoid about it.

15 mins is defiantly not out of the question for YouTube video's these days.

just make sure you make it a engaging 15 mins

3 weeks between uploads on a multi part video is probably a little too long.

1 Part. ( for multiple reasons in your case )
- 15 mins isn't too long
- Longer videos is apparently the new craze for the algorithm right now
- Part 2's always have less views naturally which means a chunk of people aren't really finishing part 1 so may as well keep it together in this case if only 15 mins.

You could probably look into your analytics and see what your average watch time on your videos are to have an idea of how much of your video is being watched and thus find a good sweet spot if there is one.

Most of the daily content vids I watch have run times of at least 10 mins running upto around 20 mins on average. Longer than 20 mins and I start skipping and less than 10 mins I wished for more content.

Back