Video Scheduling

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Hey! So, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so if not, let me know! :)

Anyway, I was pondering today about, when I start uploading my videos, if I should use the YouTube scheduling system. You know, that one where if you click "upload" and there are the options for making them public, private, unlisted, or scheduled.

Is using the scheduled option a good idea for a smaller YouTuber? I have heard that scheduled videos ranked lower than videos that have been uploaded and immediately made public. Is this wrong information?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

Hi I think the “scheduled” option just means when you can choose a specific date when the video will be public so if that’s the case where you want your video to be private and then public after a certain date then go for the “scheduled” option. However I think the easier thing to do is to just post the video as public instead of scheduled. If you say that “scheduled” videos rank lower then it might be better to just choose the “public” option instead. Hope this helps J

There is no difference in scheduled vs. directly-uploaded videos in terms of ranking. Some people have an idea that by adding your video in advance, YouTube starts the clock for view counts then, but that's not correct. YouTube actively encourages the use of the scheduling feature because it keeps creators consistent and the flow of videos regular. I love the scheduling feature.

One thing to take note of is when you schedule your videos to be released. Pay attention to when people are showing up on your channel and reward yourself by scheduling closest to your peak view times. This will mean your videos will look more popular immediately, which is something that the YouTube algorithm rewards (usually, the first 24 hours are most important, but the first hour or so after release is absolutely important). This is why live streaming is very helpful, because people visit immediately when you start streaming, and you gather a lot of watch time right away.

All of my videos are scheduled. I upload on a weekend and scedule for release every 2 days. I normally have between 1 and 2 weeks scheduled in advance.

I have heard that scheduled videos ranked lower than videos that have been uploaded and immediately made public. Is this wrong information?

Interesting statement. where did you get this information? I remember several members in this forum already mentioned this problem. I do schedule all the time due to time restrictions, however, I also have the (highly subjective) suspicion that scheduled videos perform worse.

Interesting statement. where did you get this information? I remember several members in this forum already mentioned this problem. I do schedule all the time due to time restrictions, however, I also have the (highly subjective) suspicion that scheduled videos perform worse.

I can't remember the exact place, but I know there were a few videos on YouTube that said it. Then again, I don't know if I should trust some people on YouTube or not so ahah

Being that almost all career YouTubers use the scheduled release system, whoever told you that probably doesn't know what they're talking about, or misinterpreted something.

Back