Video Recording Time

Shadowern

Hey guys! How long do one of your videos usually run? This goes out to gamer channels specifically, but for normal YouTubers what video times do audiences usually like? Thanks in advance!

Youtubers come to watch short videos, where the info is given quick and the message delivered promptly. Most of the time audiences will judge whether or not to watch the whole video in the first 6 seconds. For comedy (like myself) keep around 1 or 2 minutes. However gaming is different, most people wouldn't watch a 1-2 minute gaming review or walk through or what have you. I see a lot of gaming videos anywhere from 5-20 minutes. it all depends i guess. Use youtube analytics to see how long you retain your audiences attention, and judge from that how long you think your videos should be.

Youtubers come to watch short videos, where the info is given quick and the message delivered promptly. Most of the time audiences will judge whether or not to watch the whole video in the first 6 seconds. For comedy (like myself) keep around 1 or 2 minutes. However gaming is different, most people wouldn't watch a 1-2 minute gaming review or walk through or what have you. I see a lot of gaming videos anywhere from 5-20 minutes. it all depends i guess. Use youtube analytics to see how long you retain your audiences attention, and judge from that how long you think your videos should be.

Okay! I usually make mine 15-20 so that sounds about right haha. Thanks for your help!

Back