Video motivation?

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
What could I do to motivate myself to record new content for my channel? I already have content that goes back a whole year on top of that tho. Same goes with occasionally uploading new content.

I had this problem for a bit last year. I was super into Youtube, and I kinda just...stopped uploading frequently. Honestly, what personally brought me back was getting into new youtubers and it gave me inspiration to start trying out new styles of editing and stuff

Hello @Doom Video Vault I recommend having some goals, make a list of the things you would like to accomplish, it doesn't have to be a goal for a near future, but something you want to accomplish in life.

I make notes about things I could potentially make a video about whenever I have an idea so if I'm not able to record right away, I can remember the ideas that I'm passionate about. Watching other small creators also inspires me, especially if they're doing something unique.

I watch other small YouTubers and different other forums especially here on YTTalk.

I check out the Channels & feedback section and just check out other peoples channels, their motivation and content creation gets me in the right mind set for some content creation and the ball rolls from there. If you feel the need like you HAVE to record a video then chances are you aint enjoying it.

I think it may be a good advice to look into youtubers you like and see what they are doing. If you like their content try to make your own content with your own touch :) Another tip can be to get "feedly" and colllect rss feed of games you like ! Trying out new games will increase your motivation, atleast thats what i am thinking :D

Kenraku

I try to make motivation irrelevant. I upload on my schedule and make sure I don't deviate from that, unless I'm going to upload extra little vlogs or whatever interests me. I see it as one of the things I do, like going to work or brushing my teeth, because I don't do well when I try to come up with the motivation to do things.

I try to make motivation irrelevant. I upload on my schedule and make sure I don't deviate from that, unless I'm going to upload extra little vlogs or whatever interests me. I see it as one of the things I do, like going to work or brushing my teeth, because I don't do well when I try to come up with the motivation to do things.
I do the same thing - uploading a video is just part of my routine and I really don't feel I need motivation to do it, I just do it.

I follow people that do the same thing I do on YouTube, or do what I want to eventually be doing and looking at how they do things, what they cover helps me out a lot. Also, participating in this forum keeps me in the creative mindset a lot more too because I see everyone else doing the same things I am working on. I make a list of things I want to make videos on, and go from there. But I'm also in the mindset that if you enjoy what you're doing, you shouldn't have to get motivated to do so.

Back