Video ideas ???

Let me ask you this instead: What kind of videos do you want to make? If you make videos that you enjoy doing, it will shine through and people will come (maybe not as fast as you want to).
If you want to make videos just to get famous, you will be disappointed!

I'm going to second TheSwedishTraveler. I know it's difficult to get out of that mindset, but bear in mind that Youtube has a truly enormous following (as does the Internet at large). Chances are, someone else has your own passions, so just make videos about what you like and market them to the people with the same interests.

To take your question at face value, I love gaming videos (but I have favourite channels I watch, and rarely deviate from those unless I'm more interested in the game). With gaming videos I go more for the personality of the gamer and whether they take a reasonably professional approach. If a gamer spends 5 minutes making in-jokes with their buddy that I've no chance of getting, I'll click off and won't come back.

I also like good quality animation videos, music videos, audiobooks, and videos analysing things (I'm loving The Game Theorists at the moment). But that's just me - making videos in those genres won't necessarily bring people flooding to your door. You'll need to make videos about something you're good at and then market it to those people. I don't think there's such a thing as a video genre that you won't need to market. Because of the effort it takes to get an audience, you'll be far better off making videos about something you care about.

Have to agree with both of them. If you do something you're not going to like, it will eventually show and you will wear yourself out. Better to make a name for yourself within a niche that you want, and expand from there when you're ready.

Already great advice provided above. To add my 2 cents, enjoying the content you want to produce is priority number 1. Once you zoom into a genre then you can start thinking about content your viewers might be looking for. For instance: tutorials, product reviews, vlogging, films, etc. There are a lot of options to choose from.

Maybe tell us a little more about yourself and what you really enjoy.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I’m going to have agree with everyone so far, you should make videos you enjoy making and your audience will notice that and eventually subscribe. If you make videos you don’t really enjoy making than you will end up not liking youtube anymore and you may even end up giving it up. Just be yourself and make videos that you’re truly passionate about!:)

Back