Video Editing Computers.

I use my trusty MacBook for most of my editing!

2012 MacBook Pro
  • 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
  • Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
  • 8GB 1600MHz memory
  • 512 GB Samsung 830 SSD
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
Will be upgrading the RAM to 16GB soon.
Otherwise its moe then enough for my editing in Final Cut. It flies!
I use an external 2TB FW800 drive as my scratch/project disk with all my YouTube stuff on, although Im looking for a Thunderbolt drive now.

I also have a 2012 Mac Mini Server with the following Specs:
  • 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
  • 8GB 1600MHz memory
  • Two 1TB Hard Drives
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
Used mainly as a server for Plex and other storage etc. Sometimes used for rendering as well.

Should keep me going for the next few years at least!

CPU: AMD FX-8120 Overlocked to 4.5ghz
Motherboard: Asus Saber-tooth 990FX
RAM: 16GB G-Skill RipJawz Ram
Graphics Card: 2x ATI Radeon 7990 (2x ATI Radeon 7970's with 7990 Firmware)
Power Supply: 1200 Watt Antec Power Supply
Any Other comments: Complete Wire management, Liquid cooled with 120MM radiator

CPU: AMD A8-5500 APU
Motherboard: Not Sure xD
RAM: 6.00 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7650D
Power Supply: Not Sure

I'm an intel guy to tell you the truth, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a quad core on the spot.

Hello there,

So I'm new to the forums and have been looking around and nobody has made a thread on their own personal rigs. So I wanted to start one, all you need to do is have a format like this.

CPU:
Motherboard:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Power Supply:
Any Other comments:

So I should probably start us all off!

CPU: Intel 2600k Overclocked to 5.1 Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Gen 3 Extreme 3
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Gskillz
Graphics Card: 2x GTX 570's
Power Supply: 850w Corsair PSU
Any Other comments: The case is a Fractal Design Refine R3, 2 screens and Logitech G510 keyboard with Razer Naga mouse!

So this rig cost me an arm and a leg, I get most of it for free because I review but currently going down custom watercooling road, so should be fun. I'm interested to see what you guys are packing. The good the bad and the ugly!

- Cain[DOUBLEPOST=1358687758,1358687511][/DOUBLEPOST]putting what you use to record footage might be interesting too!

- Cain

5.1ghz is kinda impossible unless you have liquid helium / nitrogen...

Compressor units for PC's are not in sale anymore and they can't keep it cool effectively

Anyways:

Tricore Athlon
8gb Vengeance 1066 DDR3
7200 RPM Seagate Baracuda (250gb) 3.5"
7200 RPM Seagate Baracuda (750gb) 2.5"
Powermax PSU
Asrock n68s-ucc

I have an Imac running Snow leopard 10.6.8 but im soon upgrading it to lion
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo at 3.06 GHz (1)
2 cores

with recently upgraded RAM memory from 4 gb to 12 gb

however im looking to upgrade for a work station soon as well and clear all the memory on my Imac :)

I have an Imac running Snow leopard 10.6.8 but im soon upgrading it to lion
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo at 3.06 GHz (1)
2 cores

with recently upgraded RAM memory from 4 gb to 12 gb

however im looking to upgrade for a work station soon as well and clear all the memory on my Imac :)

A great videocard makes the difference in rendering, I recomend Nvidia cards for the CUDA.

There are deticated cards aswell

My computer is a multi-purpose station, not only does it render videos, it plays games, and is the central heating source for my room.

CPU: Phenom II 955 (stock at 3.2gHz) was O.Ced to 3.8 at one point, but it wasnt stable enough for my liking. and this thing throws out heat like a boss.
Motherboard: Asus M4A78T-E, AM3 socket mobo, yeah my rig is pretty old, was origonaly built in 2009.
RAM: Geil Black dragon 1600mHz ddr3 (2 X 4.00 Gb)
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radion HD 7950 the second newest part of my pc, pitty the cpu is probubly bottle knecking the poop outa this badboy...
Power Supply: 600w SILENCEpro cooler-master semi-modular power supply. Does the job. hasnt blown up yet. allways a good thing.
Case: Cooler master HAF 922
Any Other comments: Storage: 120gb Corshair SSD(boot drive), 2TB raid 0 array (2 WD RE3 drives) , 500gb WD blue (random storage drive). sound provided by an Asus Xonar DS. does the job.

Should i add peripherals? hell no. i'v typed enough. but then again my own fault for going into anal detail. oh, i forgot to mention dust. there's a fair amount of that in my rig.

Computer: MacBook Pro 13 inch i5 8GB ram amd raedeon or however you spell it... Im using final cut pro and it kinda lags out my other programs so im looking to upgrade to an iMac. Macs a great by the way!

This is the computer I use to edit my videos:
(It's a custom built gaming pc)

CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4 GHZ
GPU: AMD 6970 with 2GB gddr5
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 1600 MHZ
HDD: 500 gb WD caviar Blue and 1 tb WD caviar Blue
PSU: corsair tx750m
CPU cooler: Corsair h60
Motherboard: Asus p8p67

----------------------------------------

My programs:

Adobe Premiere pro CS6
Adobe After Effects CS6
Blender
Photoshop CS6
And finally Windows Live Movie Maker (for making videos fast and easily, for facecam reaction videos I use adobe premiere pro)

Back