Video critique (Be blunt)

I'm not here to advertise my channel to get more subs or anything. I'm just looking for real constructive criticism other then the usual "Hay it's good I like it" from people I know. I'm looking for your general opinion of the video, what you liked and didn't liked. Suggestions on what I could do to improve my videos. My videos are mainly funny moments and random comical stuff.

I personally think they suck myself because I don't have the greatest commentary voice and I tend to say lame s**t. I cut most of the lame stuff out in editing but I miss some things. But the video linked below is of me and my buddy Rob playing the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta. I know there are some audio issues with my buddies mic but for the life of me couldn't fix it. I'm pretty sure that he's gonna have to fix it from his side.

[DOUBLEPOST=1488598965,1488517123][/DOUBLEPOST]Does this mean no thought it was bad????. I'm a perfectionist and super critical of my own work so I thought it was complete crap.

Hey dude, I enjoyed the video, you had some pretty entertaining moments in there.

In terms of feedback, I'd recommend a more clear introduction. I like the intro movie and sound, but an introduction letting the viewer know what was the come in the video would be useful. I knew to expect some funny clips after reading your post, but had I clicked into your video from YouTube I would have been lost for a little while I reckon.

The other thing was, I really liked the music you had with the clip, but by about halfway it began to stand out a little much. I think that type of music would be perfect for a 5 minute video of comedy clips, but didn't quite suit that length. Alternatively, you could have a few different songs. Maybe, different songs for different types of clips? And you grouped them in sections?

Just some thoughts, I hope you find some of it useful.

Overall, I'd give it a solid 7.5/10. Your buddy's mic issues are kind of a drawback, and maybe cut down to 10 minutes instead of 15. For highlight reels I personally feel like that's a better length. Also, if you want to get some examples of people doing this stuff to learn off of, check out Vanossgaming or Sovietwomble. They're both really popular and do the same kind of thing you're doing here. Honestly, I did enjoy the video. But I'd also agree with the above that some variation in the background music would help

Hey dude, I enjoyed the video, you had some pretty entertaining moments in there.

In terms of feedback, I'd recommend a more clear introduction. I like the intro movie and sound, but an introduction letting the viewer know what was the come in the video would be useful. I knew to expect some funny clips after reading your post, but had I clicked into your video from YouTube I would have been lost for a little while I reckon.

The other thing was, I really liked the music you had with the clip, but by about halfway it began to stand out a little much. I think that type of music would be perfect for a 5 minute video of comedy clips, but didn't quite suit that length. Alternatively, you could have a few different songs. Maybe, different songs for different types of clips? And you grouped them in sections?

Just some thoughts, I hope you find some of it useful.

Yeah I was actually thinking about both of those points when I made the two videos I have posted. The first one I just wanted to post just to get something uploaded because I'm such a perfectionist that I figured if I didn't get something up I'd never get anything uploaded. I'd just end up deleting the footage or the video I was working on if I didn't. I noticed what you were saying about the music in my first video I posted. The only thing that stopped me from finding other songs to throw in there is my impatience and my need for the songs to work well with the footage. I had been listening to song after song after song trying to decide what would work well. Now that I think about it I should have probably throw something a bit more upbeat and energetic when the combat scenes came up. And the idea about adding an introductory scene before my intro occurred to me before after I had already uploaded this last one after I watched a tutorial video by Drift0r about intros. And one of my all time favorite Youtubers General Sam has this amazing cinematic intros that I enjoy and was thinking about incorporating that into my videos.

Overall, I'd give it a solid 7.5/10. Your buddy's mic issues are kind of a drawback, and maybe cut down to 10 minutes instead of 15. For highlight reels I personally feel like that's a better length. Also, if you want to get some examples of people doing this stuff to learn off of, check out Vanossgaming or Sovietwomble. They're both really popular and do the same kind of thing you're doing here. Honestly, I did enjoy the video. But I'd also agree with the above that some variation in the background music would help

Yeah 15 minutes is a little much especially to hear that background song the entire time. The footage I recorded was exponentially longer though Lol, Like 2 and a half 3 hours of footage. At the end I was struggling to keep it short. But there was a lot of footage cut and a lot I wanted to keep in but ended up cutting due to the length of the video. And yeah I've analyzed a lot of my favorite youtubers work before I even decided to make videos. I wanna make mine almost like a mix between Vanossgaming and General Sams videos but with my own style. Still haven't figured that out yet because hay why fix what works, but I'm still gonna figure out how to do this in my own personal way.

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK GUYS!!!

Back