Vegas Pro or Premiere Pro?

Mister Bear

YTT's Parody Making Bear!
Which one do you prefer? I've been using Vegas for quite a while now and I was thinking about getting Adobe Premiere. Since my uncle works at a video design company, he has access to all of these editing softwares. I've heard good things about Premiere, and according to some research it's supposed to be the #1 editor on the market right now, but I also heard that it's pretty hard to use and master. If anyone has Premier Pro, what are your thoughts on it?

I've used both and for the videos I edit I found they did similar things and neither was better at it. I ended up sticking with Vegas since I bought that and Premier was only at my studio.

Which one do you prefer? I've been using Vegas for quite a while now and I was thinking about getting Adobe Premiere. Since my uncle works at a video design company, he has access to all of these editing softwares. I've heard good things about Premiere, and according to some research it's supposed to be the #1 editor on the market right now, but I also heard that it's pretty hard to use and master. If anyone has Premier Pro, what are your thoughts on it?

The #1 editor on the market right now is Avid Media Composer - it's what the majority of Hollywood is edited on. But Premiere is definitely #2 as far as frequency goes.

I've always liked Vegas, particularly just because of it's ease of use and the fact I can render videos really quickly with it. :)

I always use either After effects or Premiere for editing. (Mostly After effects)

But all software is similar. I also used Avid at school / intern but it's mostly used for big video productions. And still then Final cut and premiere replace Avid more and more.

As long as you can do your job the software is perfect for you :)

The #1 editor on the market right now is Avid Media Composer - it's what the majority of Hollywood is edited on. But Premiere is definitely #2 as far as frequency goes.

This. I consider Avid completely out of the price range of editing YouTube videos until you start making good money. Premier CAN be easily within the price range and I think it's AS good as Avid. More and more movies are starting to get made with Premier and the Adobe suite too.

Realistically, for YouTube, if you don't know editing, photoshop, etc.. that well, stick with something much cheaper than Premier. You don't need 95% of the stuff Premier gets you (and the software that goes with it).

It just depends on what you're doing.

I use Vegas. I tried out both and it was easier for me to get the hang of, so I stuck with it.

After Effects would sure be nice though!

Vegas is definitely more user friendly for the new editor. Premier IS a step above Vegas for a lot of reasons but one of the big reasons is After Effects, Photoshop and many other Adobe products. If you don't use those, there's no point in dropping the cash on Premiere unless you want to start learning it now to use that stuff later.

Back