Utilising a Blu-screen with an IKEA Markus chair?! :)

Madrah

Hey guys, thank you so much for clicking on this thread. :)

I want to utilise a setup with chroma-keying being a part of it all. I've got it all down - the background itself, lighting and so on - except for one crucial part that's a major deal-breaker if it's not dealt with.

I've got an IKEA Markus chair - it's been my daily driver for a few years, and I really like it - one problem though - it has a mesh back! If you know a thing or two about keying, you'll know that the light that would slip/seep through those tiny holes would ruin the video - regardless of artificial lighting - that's my understanding at least. :)

However, I've come up with a solution - to place some black fabric around the chair itself during recording - that would eliminate the lighting-issue, I suppose. I'm still doubting what I should do, to be honest - I think it could look quite tedious to be fair, hehe.

DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER IDEA/SOLUTION? PLEASE, LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO, BY COMMENTING DOWN BELOW. :)

PS:
Enclosed, you'll find a picture of the chair mentioned in this thread - to get a more specifc idea of the situation, feel free to have a look. MARKUS.JPG

Kind regards, Madrah.

Throw a coat over the back of your chair haha that is the same chair me and my girlfriend have, had it for a few months now, I cannot work all day in this though my backside is killing a lot of the time like right now :D

Back