Uploads Now Laggy When Viewed

nomaname

Looking for any help/tips.

Been recording and uploading to YouTube and vids were fine. Gaming vids playing a football manager game with cam at bottom, so not huge graphic hungry game.

Then the last 7 or 8 vids seem to be laggy/choppy when watching on YouTube.

Never changed settings, used Streamlabs to record and powerdirector to edit, somehow it has gone to being difficult to watch.

Tried OBS, and a different screen recorder and same issues. Any ideas?

Watched about 846 (slight exaggeration) tip vids to try and solve it but nothing. Not sure why they went laggy.

My first question would be is the file produced after editing laggy? or only laggy after that file has been uploaded?

Editing seemed fine. Power Director can upload straight to YouTube so that is what I do rather than into anothe file then upload.

Interesting, personally i haven't used power director but my first suggestion would be to set the editor to put the finished edited file just to your hard drive, see if that file is laggy. Then you at least know if youtube is or isn't the cause

Interesting, personally i haven't used power director but my first suggestion would be to set the editor to put the finished edited file just to your hard drive, see if that file is laggy. Then you at least know if youtube is or isn't the cause

I agree with that. Edit to a file on your PC. Then see if playing that file is also laggy / choppy.

If it is - Something to check is make sure the FPS setting on your screen recording software matches the FPS setting on the output settings of your editing software. Also play around with different output types on your editing software (MP4, WMV etc)

(Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :) )

Back