updating thumbnail on popular video

I have not figured out how to do that with the program im using right now. well I know how to make it bigger but as far as doing 3d or textured letters I haven't figured out. not sure if It even can with this program

I don't want to cover up too much of the image with text I have other places for text (title description) the thumbnail is the only place I can put something visual. I figure if I can easily read the text on the thumbnail on my phone that should be the smallest it will be displayed anywhere.

on my newest upload I used a paint brush tool and made it kind of transparent back ground behind the text to make the letters stand out a bit more. It did the best in its first 48 hours out of anything iv uploaded so far. most my video's its the long term traffic that makes them grow.

breakcanjp.jpg

its only been a few days sense I changed the thumbnail on a popular video but so far traffic on that video seems about the same I have noticed a bit of a increase in traffic on some of my other video's using a similar style thumbnail though. certainly has not hurt though, so I am starting to feel a little more confidant in re working thumbnails on some older videos

well if anyone wants to know still gathering info on the fairly popular video on brakes that i updated the thumbnail on.

views have remained stable and about the same. i went into studio beta witch i don't generally use as i don't care for it but i wanted to check the click threw rate. and something really strange had happened on that video. shortly after i updated the thumbnail the impressions sky rocketed for a few days. but the views remained relatively the same. the click threw rate went from about 8.5 down to 2.5 then after a few days the impressions went back to normal and the click threw rate came back to right around where it was just very slightly lower actually.

im going to let it continue to collect data for a while longer to make sure i get a good sample size of data. then i may change it up a bit again. thinking i may remove the text on that one all together and just have it be the picture with the image of myself in the bottom left for branding.

Back