Understanding Taxes for Self-Employed YouTubers

Trichard

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i was thinking about this earlier this year and wondered how it worked.
was long but worth the read and all the info i wondered about was answered.

Reactions: Kleineganz

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
i was thinking about this earlier this year and wondered how it worked.
was long but worth the read and all the info i wondered about was answered.
Thanks. Unfortunately there is no way to write a US tax guide and keep it short!! LOL

Reactions: Trichard

StacyPancakes

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Wow.... That's a lot of taxes.... However, that would still be $556,800 I wouldn't have had before! I would still take it. Good thread, really helps put it into perspective.

synthetic67

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
God I hate taxes. This thread really makes me wonder if it's even worth it to keep pushing forward to grow my YouTube channel. What's the point in getting big just so the government can rob you blind? Maybe I should just throw in the towel, and take all that overtime my work's been offering. It's a long, hard climb to the top, and then when you get there, you barely take home half of what you earn.

On a lighter note, great information. Taxes are a huge concern for me, and this clears a lot up. I tried filing for taxes on last year's earnings in April, but was unable to because I didn't have the appropriate forms. Mind you I only made about $500. But at least now I know how it works.

Raso_M

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
I was thinking because my accaunt is from Germany where I have been living, and I live in Bosnia now, and Bosnia is not youtube partner and that means I still get all on my german adress, does anyone knows about that? German taxes and is it okay to I making videos in Bosnia but my account is registred in Germany?