Tube Buddy and/or Morning Fame??

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thank you people for your opinions.

Since morningframe is really cheap, I think it's worth to try it. And based on what I've read here, free tubebuddy version is fine and still very helpful for who is starting.

Last edited:

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring, I use TubeBuddy (the free version) and it works pretty well for me for tags! But I think the most useful function on it is the little checklist of things it gives you on the upload page! Super helpful reminders!

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
After some research..it is clearly against YT TOS We also have a kids channel and don't want to risk things.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryansrs07

ryansrs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have the paid subscription to morningfame, and it happens to be more useful for me personally than tubebuddy. I have the free version of tubebuddy. I'm not that familiar with Tubebuddy but with morningfame the most useful part for me is how it tracks each video compared to other videos you've uploaded so you can quickly get an idea of how well a video is doing vs the other content you've put up. It also makes it very easy for me to see what videos worked so I can perhaps follow those up with similar videos. It also has charts that try to help you find trends in the time of day your videos do best, and overall I just feel like morningfame gives me more personalized data feedback compared to the other tools. Again my main use is seeing which videos are doing well and how they compare to each other so that I can decide what future videos I would like to make.

I've used the morningfame keyword research tool but not super extensively. What I can say is that it's layout is very different from tubebuddy, and it has different functionality. It kind of does the same thing I used to manually do on YouTube to find video topics but saves me the time of doing some of the research. The 4th step that helps you optimize your tags and description for relevancy is also super super awesome. It was something I was already trying to do but this helps me know what wording may have the most effect. What's also awesome is that it bases the opportunity scores off of your channel's performance and analytics. It's not perfect, if I put in a castle crush keyword it may say the competition is too high for me, however it doesn't realize that my active subs all mostly subbed for castle crush so I can always rank regardless. ( and most of the videos bringing the score down are mine lol) So like all tools you have to also use common sense about the situation.
Thanks Orbit Guy for this detailed reply.
And thank you to everyone else who has replied, seems to me both have their place and its a matter of personal preference.
Thank you all again and hope you all had a good Easter time :D:D[DOUBLEPOST=1522667511,1522667282][/DOUBLEPOST]
After some research..it is clearly against YT TOS We also have a kids channel and don't want to risk things.
Ahh right, this is what worry's me. I don't want my kids channels deleted in time.
What would you say is against YT TOS??

A few people with kids channels have posted on Instagram that they have had channels deleted but no explanation why, seems like they have used TB but YouTube did not give a specific reason.

Civilly Barbaric

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Get tubebuddy its free and there is no consequences from youtube, I don't know about the other one or what it does but I think you should only need one to keep it simple, hope this helps :D

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
@ryansrs07 I can't post links directly to this thread. But search Youtube TOS Section 4H. You can also google and find on Reddit multiple accounts that have had their channels shut down. Not saying it will..and I'm sure third parties are fine to use..until it happens. And the kids space is esp. being watched by YT. Maybe use one at first to learn how to tag. They are great for researching other videos in your niche and where they end up in search. Once you know what you're good at tags..you don't need any help anyways. See you on YT.

Last edited:

ryansrs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@ryansrs07 I can't post links directly to this thread. But search Youtube TOS Section 4H. You can also google and find on Reddit multiple accounts that have had their channels shut down. Not saying it will..and I'm sure third parties are fine to use..until it happens. And the kids space is esp. being watched by YT. Maybe use one at first to learn how to tag. They are great for researching other videos in your niche and where they end up in search. Once you know what you're good at tags..you don't need any help anyways. See you on YT.
Thank you again MASE :D

Reactions: MASE

ryansrs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have Just went with TB and its great. It gives good recommendations to help get your videos at the top of the youtube pages.
Thanks for the feedback, and I still notd ownloaded either of these yet. My PC is old and seems like I should first update it....another thread coming on :D

Travis McP

Reaction score
I use TubeBuddy, VidIQ and Morning fame. It's the reason I've grown so fast over the last 30 days. Data is your friend.