Trial, Error, and Repetition - How I increased my subscriber count.

Although I am not new to YouTube and I am far from a expert on how to get subscribers but I can share what seems to be working for me.

About three months ago I started off with about 8 subscribers mostly friends and family but I realized no matter how much I asked them to support and subscribe my family and friends from Facebook and other social media just wouldn't subscribe like I wanted them to. Even though I talked about subjects they posted on their own social media threads they refused to click that subscribe button.

I then reached out to a friend who is a pretty successful YouTube personality and these were the tips he gave me that seemed to work:

1. Create content on a regular basis - Not everyone will go viral but if you post on a regular schedule people will get used to seeing your material and eventually will seek it out.

2. Engage your audience - Get your audience involved don't be afraid of criticism and negativity just make sure you learn from it. It is understood that there are millions of internet haters/trolls out there with nothing else better to do but bad mouth your content but there are also others who can give you great ideas and open you up to new ideas or subjects.

3. YouTube alone wont get you there - I found that cross promotion with other social media sites has a great effect on subscriber count also. I broadcast daily on periscope and post on twitter, I then talk about what videos I am going to post on YouTube and plug my channel address.

4. Sometimes you have to go old school - I made my own promotional items (Business Cards, Coffee Mug, and Hat) Sometimes you meet people in the street and see they have an interest in what you do on your channel hand them a business card. I wear a hat I purchased in the mall with my channel name embroidered on the front in my videos.

5. Stick to your theme - Even if you do different things have that one link to everything present at all times. I wear a different superhero themed item in all my videos for example.

6. Collaboration - Find another channel willing to do a collaboration with you. You don't have to be in the same area. It can be as simple as the two of you doing the same type of video or subject and linking to each other at the end. This opens your video up to subscribers who may not know you exist.

Hope my experience helps you guys like it helped me.

Although I am not new to YouTube and I am far from a expert on how to get subscribers but I can share what seems to be working for me.

About three months ago I started off with about 8 subscribers mostly friends and family but I realized no matter how much I asked them to support and subscribe my family and friends from Facebook and other social media just wouldn't subscribe like I wanted them to. Even though I talked about subjects they posted on their own social media threads they refused to click that subscribe button.

I then reached out to a friend who is a pretty successful YouTube personality and these were the tips he gave me that seemed to work:

1. Create content on a regular basis - Not everyone will go viral but if you post on a regular schedule people will get used to seeing your material and eventually will seek it out.

2. Engage your audience - Get your audience involved don't be afraid of criticism and negativity just make sure you learn from it. It is understood that there are millions of internet haters/trolls out there with nothing else better to do but bad mouth your content but there are also others who can give you great ideas and open you up to new ideas or subjects.

3. YouTube alone wont get you there - I found that cross promotion with other social media sites has a great effect on subscriber count also. I broadcast daily on periscope and post on twitter, I then talk about what videos I am going to post on YouTube and plug my channel address.

4. Sometimes you have to go old school - I made my own promotional items (Business Cards, Coffee Mug, and Hat) Sometimes you meet people in the street and see they have an interest in what you do on your channel hand them a business card. I wear a hat I purchased in the mall with my channel name embroidered on the front in my videos.

5. Stick to your theme - Even if you do different things have that one link to everything present at all times. I wear a different superhero themed item in all my videos for example.

6. Collaboration - Find another channel willing to do a collaboration with you. You don't have to be in the same area. It can be as simple as the two of you doing the same type of video or subject and linking to each other at the end. This opens your video up to subscribers who may not know you exist.

Hope my experience helps you guys like it helped me.
smart ideas :)

Business cards are clutch! My channel is always coming up in conversations and i was always telling them where to find my videos, but 9/10 the people would forget or lose interest and not end up making it to my youtube channel.
Then i made a business card with a qr scan tag, so people could put them in their pockets, forget about our talk (like usual) until they are emptying the pockets at the end of the night and pull out the card, scan the qr and start watching my videos.

vistaprint allows you to make a bunch of proper business cards for cheap, and easyprint lets you make a whole bunch for free, if anyone was wondering ^.^

Back